• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell's Hopslam

A=Appearance
S=Smell
T=Taste
M=Mouthfeel
D=Drinkability

Grade: 4.6 A+

A DIPA from Bell's Brewery. Thanks to John (jfields) for sending this beer! :thumbs:

A. Pours a golden orange. A creamy white-yellow head. 4

S. Very aromatic and true to its name...hops, hops and more hops. A full bouquet of citrus (grapefruit and lemon zest). 4.6

T. Based on the smell, I thought I was going to be knocked out by the hops...but this beer is amazingly balanced. I can see why this beer is highly sought after. A light honey-sweetness gives wonderful balance to the hoppy backbone of this beer. 4.7

M. Perfect carbonation for the style. Great viscosity. Creamy and smooth with a wonderful honey finish to complement the bitterness of the hops. 4.8

D. ABV is 10%. Given its balance, it is highly drinkable. 4.7

Summary: This is a fantastic DIPA. The constant battle between the hops and sweetness of the honey was fantastic. If I were to smoke a cigar with this beer, it would be a 3+ year old PLPC. The caramel, honey sweetness of this cigar would pair well with this beer.

Presentation: 12oz bottle

I'm enjoying a couple of glasses of the Two Hearted Ale which is quickly becoming my favorite beer. Is there a big difference between the Two Hearted and the Hopslam? Or are they completely different animals and incomparable? Directed at anyone in the know.

New Years diet, so it was two; dry Tanqueray martinis with blue cheese filled olives, in the hot tub with a Don Carlos Presidenti. Nice way to end a shitty 18+” snow storm.

Bell's Hopslam

A=Appearance
S=Smell
T=Taste
M=Mouthfeel
D=Drinkability

Grade: 4.6 A+

A DIPA from Bell's Brewery. Thanks to John (jfields) for sending this beer! :thumbs:

A. Pours a golden orange. A creamy white-yellow head. 4

S. Very aromatic and true to its name...hops, hops and more hops. A full bouquet of citrus (grapefruit and lemon zest). 4.6

T. Based on the smell, I thought I was going to be knocked out by the hops...but this beer is amazingly balanced. I can see why this beer is highly sought after. A light honey-sweetness gives wonderful balance to the hoppy backbone of this beer. 4.7

M. Perfect carbonation for the style. Great viscosity. Creamy and smooth with a wonderful honey finish to complement the bitterness of the hops. 4.8

D. ABV is 10%. Given its balance, it is highly drinkable. 4.7

Summary: This is a fantastic DIPA. The constant battle between the hops and sweetness of the honey was fantastic. If I were to smoke a cigar with this beer, it would be a 3+ year old PLPC. The caramel, honey sweetness of this cigar would pair well with this beer.

Presentation: 12oz bottle

I'm enjoying a couple of glasses of the Two Hearted Ale which is quickly becoming my favorite beer. Is there a big difference between the Two Hearted and the Hopslam? Or are they completely different animals and incomparable? Directed at anyone in the know.

Not sure if you're ready for Hopslam, Moe.

Hopslam is so damn good it will invert your junk. I'm not even a fan of the style and I think it's a great beer. Don't be an Iwegian pussy, Clint. Go find it and drink it up.

Bruery 3 French Hens - pretty good beer and the wine barrel aging is pretty evident in the flavor

I picked up a 6 pack of Lagunitas Little Sumpin' and its a mild IPA and hits the spot. :thumbs:

Old Viscosity. Good stuff but I'm still in love with Older Viscosity.

Love it also but at 16 bucks for a 375 ml, I can't justify having a lot.

Bruery 3 French Hens - pretty good beer and the wine barrel aging is pretty evident in the flavor

Nice. I enjoyed it also. Can't wait to try the barrel aged version we are getting.

Couple of Shock Tops and a Sly Fox 113 IPA.

Slumming it Mike? j/k

I picked up a 6 pack of Lagunitas Little Sumpin' and its a mild IPA and hits the spot. :thumbs:

Love Lagunitas. They make quality beers and are so reasonably priced. I usually always pick up a Hop Stoopid but Little Sumpin is good too. Haven't tried the Little Sumpin Wild though.

Lil Sumpin' is one of my favorite hoppy beers along with Brown Shugga.

Just opened a 3 Floyds Broo Doo wet hop IPA that's damn good.

Both draft, in a pint glass.

Dale's Pale Ale

Firestone Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout

This weekend had a BJ's PM Porter (pretty good) and Mirror Mirror ... this is definately on its way downhill. A little oxidation but not enough to stop me from drinking. Decent overall .. if you got them drink them!

Ridgeway Lump of Coal. Good but not as good as I remember. Still have another bottle that I'll save for a while.

This weekend had a BJ's PM Porter (pretty good) and Mirror Mirror ... this is definately on its way downhill. A little oxidation but not enough to stop me from drinking. Decent overall .. if you got them drink them!

Shite! I still have a few bottles of that. Loved it fresh and thought it would get even better.

Santa Fe Brewing Kickin' Chicken Bourbon Barrel Barleywine- pretty damn good and gave me a decent buzz with the 12% alcohol
Bell's Two Hearted - ugh I love this IPA and wish we could get it here in TX...alas this is my last bottle until I can get more

Shite! I still have a few bottles of that. Loved it fresh and thought it would get even better.
I loved it fresh too but it is a different beer now. I could be wrong but pop one open see if you like it

Status
Not open for further replies.