• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Ireland on vacation with friends. Needless to say we've had our share of Guinness and Jameson. To settle the issue of how Guinness tastes here in Ireland compared to back home: it really isn't much different. A tad more barley depth, but that's about it. We plan on going to St James Gate when we're in Dublin, so I'll confirm there.

As for other beers, there's been Murphy's and Beamish. Tried a pint of Bonaparte Stout which while good, wasn't a whole lot different than Guinness, or Murphy's and Beamish to be honest.

Two surprises has been Galway Hooker and Caladonia Smooth. Both medium bodied ales that were quite tasty. Hope to get more later. If there is a craft beer scene here it must be in it's infancy. Heineken and Carlsberg seem to be quite popular here for some reason.

Oh, and you can find Bud, MGD, Coors, and Corona pretty easily. Not that I would try.

Funny enough, the young bartender (very cool lad) we met at Courtney's Pub said he preferred Guinness to Murphy's because he said Murphy's was far too sweet. I could only imagine the mind:blown if he had some American craft beer. Dark Lord? Haha.

Picked up a bottle of Boulevard Saison Brett while in Boston for work. Super Bretty...way more than I remember.

Boulevard Reverb

Didn't do much for me, guess I'm not a pilsner fan.

gallery_13257_1558_706069.jpg

A few Sammy A. Harvest Pumpkin last night while watching Rogers get sacked 8 GD Times!

Went to an Imperial Stout tasting:

Samual Smith
Boulevard Dark Truth
Old Rasputin
Lagunitas Imperial
Founders Breakfast Stout

Follow up by:
New Holland Ichabod Ale
Boulevard Tank 7
Ayinger Oktoberfest Marzan (freakin fantastic)

Southern Tier Pumking, Great Divide Wolfgang Doppelbock, Sur Lie Rince Cochon. Last night had Hofbrau Oktoberfest.

Saturday night poker game:

Central Waters Peruvian Morning
Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout
Founders Breakfast Stout
Founder KBS
Founders Old Curmudgeon
Avery Uncle Jacob's Stout (put me over the edge!)

Currently enjoying a Helles Schlenkerla Lager while watching the Pats. Great subtly smokey beer. Pick some up if you can find it.

Goose Island Pepe Nero 2011
Boulevard Rye on Rye

Really surprised at how the Rye on Rye has changed in nine months. Much less whiskey flavor than before.

Well, yesterday brought Abita Pecan Harvest, Ommegang Sickle and Sycthe and milk stout (the name of which escapes me right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.