• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke out an old favorite, Molson XXX, it's been a long time. I forgot how powerful these are.

Last nite I had a Beamish Irish Stout in a nitro-can, and a Blue Moon 22oz. bomber

Celebrating the White Sox win with a nogne o Porter, pretty good beer that gets better as it warms up.

Glen Breton Rare (Single Malt Whisky made on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, my "homeland" :laugh: )

2 Dogfish Head 60 min while I polished 4 pairs of dress shoes. Finished up just before the Red Sox game.

gallery_6182_366_4456.jpg

Thanks Philly Mike...I enjoyed this one!

Thanks Philly Mike...I enjoyed this one!

I love the glass! The Yard's stuff I've had from Mike has all been really good too.
Glad you're both enjoying them! I wish they still brewed that stout with the oysters in the mash...man, was that a tasty beer...

Last night I went to the Sly Fox Brewery/Restaurant in Royersford and had an Oktoberfest and two draft-only selections (Pete's Peerless Ale and a Schwarz Bier) while watching the Phils go up 2-0 on the Brewers. All were very well done and easy to drink, though none particularly blew me away. Nice and sessionable, though, which made it easy to drive home after the final out!

Couple of Dogfish Head 90min to be followed by Oaked Arrogant Bastard. and a couple Session.

Had a bottle of '07 Alesmith Decadence that had some nice flavors, but as just WAY too hot. Gonna let the rest sit for a while and I think they'll be outstanding. Drinking my Southampton Imp Porter from the Beer PIF right now that is simply outstanding!

I had to be in Des Moines for a commission meeting this morning, so I went down yesterday to see Chief Justice Roberts's lecture, had my favorite ribs for dinner at Jesse's Embers with a Dalwhinnie (OK, but too mild and sweet for me - reminded me a lot of Glenlivet), then I spent the evening at the Royal Mile (English pub style bar) to watch the Cubs and try some drinks.

Scotch:
Springbank 15 - very, very good! Rich, spicy, and a bit islandy (peat, iodine, salt). Going on the list.
Balvenie 15 - pretty good, but not really my preferred style of scotch. Seemed a bit austere.
Glenrothes 1991 - pretty good, but not worth the price IMO. Fairly rich, fruity profile.

Beer:
Old Engine Oil - interesting, and pretty good. Very chocolatey and sweet, with a porter-like finish.
Dorothy Goodbody Stout - drinkable, fairly mild, chocolatey, crazy big head.
Hook Norton Double Stout - very good, chocolate and coffee, roasty with a bitter finish, just how I like it.
Entire Stout - similar to the Goodbody (except the head).

On my way home, I stopped to see some friends in Omaha and ate at Old Chicago, so I had a couple beers with the pizza.

New Belgium Tripel - very fruity and spicy, tasted more like a Saison, or even a wit, then a tripel. Not what I expected, but not bad.

Boulder Hazed and Infused - hoppy deliciousness. I am a recent convert to very hoppy beers, and this was a good one. Very aromatic, with a lot of pine and citrus, and a fairly restrained and balanced flavor, not overbalanced by hop bitterness. A very good beer.

Wells Banana Bread Beer. ???

Well, I couldnt resist this one when I saw it.
And what a lovely drop of ale. I will definatly be drinking this one again.

LINKY

Wells Banana Bread Beer. ???

Well, I couldnt resist this one when I saw it.
And what a lovely drop of ale. I will definatly be drinking this one again.

LINKY

Now that looks interesting, and here I had a few Hoegaarden last night, I'm jealous.

Going with the Southern Tier Pumking tonight, maybe some Paulaner Oktoberfest or St. Bernardus Abt 12 (I still have some ani editions on hand) tomorrow. Love this time of year for brews

Going with the Southern Tier Pumking tonight, maybe some Paulaner Oktoberfest or St. Bernardus Abt 12 (I still have some ani editions on hand) tomorrow. Love this time of year for brews
LOVE the Pumking. Like drinking a glass of Pumpkin Pie.

Last night the SN reps were at a local bar with one of the 3 kegs of the Chico Estate Fresh Hop Harvest Ale that the Philly area got. For their first full harvest of local grown hops, it was pretty good. Not as good as the regular Harvest or even the Southern Hemisphere, but definitely good. A little thin in the aroma department, but I'm anxious to see how this beer progresses as the hop crop matures.

LOVE the Pumking. Like drinking a glass of Pumpkin Pie.

Last night the SN reps were at a local bar with one of the 3 kegs of the Chico Estate Fresh Hop Harvest Ale that the Philly area got. For their first full harvest of local grown hops, it was pretty good. Not as good as the regular Harvest or even the Southern Hemisphere, but definitely good. A little thin in the aroma department, but I'm anxious to see how this beer progresses as the hop crop matures.

I was a Harvest freak last fall around Turkey day, complimented the food of that season so well.

Alhambra Reserva 1925.

Looks ok

Linky

It has a fairly strong alchol content so here goes nothing :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.