• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchesse de Bourgogne, Brooklyn Black OPS, Avery Maharajah.

My first sour, best beer of the night. The other two were sort of a let down.

Had a Samuel Smith Imperial Stout last night with some friends. Have to say it was really tasty.

How was the Black Ops Marty? I've heard it's good, but not enough to warrant the price tag.

Yesterday I had Three Philosophers(again), Flying Fish Imperial Espresso Porter(This was really good!) and The Sixth Glass. Thanks for the Sixth Glass Jeff, great stuff!

How was the Black Ops Marty? I've heard it's good, but not enough to warrant the price tag.

Agreed about the Black Ops. It wasn't mine, I just sampled as dropping $25 on a bottle is absurd. It was too hot and not all that great. I would choose pretty much any RIS before it. Maybe with some cellaring, it'd be great, but right now it's all hype due to availability/price IMO.

Agreed about the Black Ops. It wasn't mine, I just sampled as dropping $25 on a bottle is absurd. It was too hot and not all that great. I would choose pretty much any RIS before it. Maybe with some cellaring, it'd be great, but right now it's all hype due to availability/price IMO.

thanks for the info Martin. I wonder how much time it will take to mellow it.

Celebrator, Oak Aged Unearthly, Belhaven Wee Heavy, Black Chocolate Stout

Drank a couple of pints of Sierra Nevada yesterday with some fresh fried Rockfish and a great cigar. Enjoyable to say the least...

Bottle: Duvel, Monk's of Philly's Flemish Sour

On draft: Lagunitas IPA, Sly Fox 3rd Ann. IPA, Longtrail Coffee Stout, Old Speckled Hen, Abita Turbo Dog

Fuggin cheap drink specials....

Last night had Troegs Mad Elf ... this totally caught me off guard, I loved it (thanks Philly Mike!) and a bottle of Fred from the wood.

Had a couple of Hazed and Infused @ dinner. Now I am enjoying a Hop Slam, getting ready to put a couple of boston butts on the smoker for overnight smoking. :thumbs:

Just last night back to basics so, I had to have a Lion Brewery Ale, best head in town...... :0

Mine. A lighter bodied homebrew with a cidery taste. Maybe not ideal in some respects, but I'm cathing a fat buzz off of a littler over a pint.

TampaSupremo

Victory Storm King
Old Rasputin
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

It's amazing how much things have changed in the last 9 months. I'd been wanting to revisit the Storm King for some time now since it was one of the first craft beers I tried. When I first had it last summer, I remember it being overwhelmingly strong and bitter. This is the first time I've had it since then and the flavors are pretty much just as I remember them but not nearly as overwhelming and much richer, if that makes any sense. I don't think I could've made it through more than two back then and now I could've gone in on a sixer. I also really enjoyed the Old Rasputin, courtesy of Mike(MAS Puros). The mouth feel of the Storm King was fuller than the Old Rasputin so I wish I would've started with OR first, but besides that, pretty good! Thanks again Mike! What can I say about the BK BCS..... I love this stuff!

I had a few Shock Tops tonight. Has anyone tried this? Honestly I was pretty impressed. Its a Michelob Belgian White that a friend of mine brought over. I was surprised (dare I say "shocked") that I really enjoyed them. I don't exactly think Michelob when I think about beer that I enjoy. They are worth a six pack next time your out and about.

Shiner Black Lager (Bohemian), it's not a bad beer at all. It smells/tastes like it wants to be a Guiness.

O

Status
Not open for further replies.