• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ommegang Cup 'O Kyndnes gifted to me by Mike. Here's my review: Pours a dark and deep brown color with a creamy head and a mildly smoky aroma with fermented dark fruits and a little wine. Just like the aroma the flavor is a nice mild smoke with fruity esters along with subtle Belgian yeast switching to an undercurrent of malt base and hop bitter finish. Hints of pear with a finish that is neither malty or bitter but balanced with both. A nice and pretty unique beer.

At the Hall & Oats concert ... made a brisket this morning for our picnic at the Hollywood Bowl. Enjoyed Burton Baton, Anchor Xmas 2009 and 2010, and opening a Stone 12th Anni. Couldn't be a better evening with my wife.

Had some good beers this weekend:

Maui Brewing Mana Wheat
Troegs Flying Mouflan
Block 15 Pappy's Dark
Jester King Wytchmaker IPA

St+Peters+Cream+Stout+090818.jpg

Umm Yummy

Wee Heavy a dark Scottish ale, thanks to my northern brother Claudio (sack). Absolutely gorgeous. John

I had a 2008 Abyss last night that was tasty.

Right now in the middle of a Goose Island Night Stalker. Decent taste and a hellified buzz...but I prefer beers with less sweetness. By less, I mean none at all whenever possible.

If you don't like sweetness in a beer you should stay away from all porters/stouts/imperial stouts.

Bruery Rugbrod. Interesting. I think this may be my first rye ale and I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it's pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.