• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boulevard Collaboration No. 2 - White IPA (collaboration with Deschutes)
Deschutes Obsidian Stout

Had a bottle of Great Lakes Brewing Co's "Christmas Ale"last night gifted from a friend.

Aroma was spicy and had a moderate head, but drank very thin, could easily pick out each flavor.

Had the warming due to the 7.5% but finished very dry with a lingering cinnamon taste almost too sweet.

A little too thin and bready for my taste, with no hops discernible. I can see a non hop head loving this for a holiday treat.

Maybe I just spoiled my chances as I have had a bottle of SN Celebration Ale just before. ???

DFH Chicory stout

What did you think about it?
Well, I had a pint of it after having the Samichlaus which is a 14% ABV dopplebock that's very malty sweet, so the chicory stout was enjoyable but quite mild and uneventful by comparison.

Had some Sam Adams and a couple pints of SNPA last night.

Samiclaus was a bit too malty for me.

Currently, I'm drinking a Cigar City Maduro in the infield at Daytona speedway with cars practicing for the Rolex 25.

Port city potter
Yuenguing
Guinness

Kinda low key simple night

Had a bottle of Great Lakes Brewing Co's "Christmas Ale"last night gifted from a friend.

Aroma was spicy and had a moderate head, but drank very thin, could easily pick out each flavor.

Had the warming due to the 7.5% but finished very dry with a lingering cinnamon taste almost too sweet.

A little too thin and bready for my taste, with no hops discernible. I can see a non hop head loving this for a holiday treat.

Maybe I just spoiled my chances as I have had a bottle of SN Celebration Ale just before. ???

I had the Christmas ale when I went home to Ohio. Can't get that in DC. But you hit the nail on the head with this beer. It had that nice Christmas smell but the beer itself let me down.

MMMmmm... Firestone Walker's "Walker Reserve" Porter and Epic Sour Apple Saison. Both quite good.

A few nights ago was a Mean Old Tom (thanks Paul). Followed by an Old Rasputin XV.

Both were shared with a good friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.