• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What cigar have you lost a taste for?

opusXmarco

Cigar Posse Member
This came up on another board, but I thought it might an interesting topic.

Now, I'm sure you can tell what cigars I like the most, just by my name. I don't buy or smoke as much Opus X as I use to. I generally smoke what my taste prefers that day. I am enjoying more and more cubans and I like the medium to full bodied cigars. In the morning I like to smoke something light.

I still smoke a lot of non-cubans, but my humidor is lacking those these days.

What cigar or cigars have you lost a taste for?

LOL...well, I can say the only cigar I like from Drew Estates is the one Steve Saka come up with...#9

Gotta agree with jfields. I did like Acids, but that has definitely changed.

I really used to like Connie #9's, CAO Brazilia's, Partagas Black.....now I can't stand any of them anymore.

I was big into Gurkha a while back and still enjoy the Shaggy, but I don't really care much about having any lately. I also haven't had a Rocky Patel in a while and I'm not trying really hard to find one.

Acids, liked em once, but in a short time my tastes evolved.

Naturals, also by drew estate.

Havana Honeys.....got over them REAL fast.

macanudo's these are what I first smoked. I even bought a box of them when I started. Now just too light of a smoke for me.

Kahluas, CAO flavoreds, Havana Honeys, and Acids...which I have a BOX of 18...ugh ugh ugh. Just takin' up space in my humi. CRAP.

I know some of you will find this a bit weird, but for me it is any thing from Fidel country...

Since I have been trying Dominicans and Nicaraguans the isoms are just lacking for me......

I really used to like Connie #9's, CAO Brazilia's, Partagas Black.....now I can't stand any of them anymore.

I know who you can trade those extra brazilias to. :whistling:

I have two cigars that I cannot seem to go back to: Helix Conn. (my first cigar I ever smoked. I ended up smoking about 5 of these and loved them, then went back last summer to try a puff of my girl friends..and I couldn't taste a damned thing!) and my second Romeo y Julieta's 1875 line. I cant remember the last time i had one, but I know I have about 10 floating in my coolers/humi..which means I used to smoke em quite a bit.

Mild cigars (which I started on) and Maduros (which I moved on to soon after). Not a specific brand, though. Since moving on to fuller bodied smokes, smaller ring gauges and cameroon/sun grown/corojo wrappers, I've been happier. :)

I have to say I am with Brickhouse on this one. When i first started smoking a couple years ago I thought Gurkha had a great taste and smoked I bet 2 or more a week. I found them very different then the common brands I had tried in taste. I think other then a pre-embargo I got from Swifty this summer, and a Black Dragon I smoked at a local B&M this past fall I have dropped them from my sights. I think my tastes have just changed a bit from the first year of learning what I liked.

Kahluas, CAO flavoreds, Havana Honeys, and Acids...which I have a BOX of 18...ugh ugh ugh. Just takin' up space in my humi. CRAP.

You don't keep these in the same humidor with any non flavored cigars do ya?

Me, I've noticed that I can't smoke an entire 5 Vegas torpedo to the nub no more!

Marco You're right... good topic. :thumbs:

I used to smoke a lot of AVO's. I still think they are o.k. but I've burnt myself out on them. And I got sick of CAO's a long time ago.

I'll make that x2 on the Macanudo. I used to love the Hyde Park Maduros...not so much anymore.

Through the years my taste has changed, and changed back. I started out on maddies moved on to sungrown then corojo then to a mild leaf know I have been craving that rich taste again. I would never say I could'nt enjoy a cigar just because of the brand. I don't do flavored though.