• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Cigars Would You Buy?

Flatstick

Would you go for a box of Padron 45 in maduro? Or 2 boxes of something less expensive. Or maybe just a few high end cigars. Although I'm building a small and varied collection, mostly middle of the road stuff, sometimes I think I'm missing out by not having some better stuff to sample. Padron #2000 in Maduro is my goto cigar at the moment.

What do you think?

I would recommend you contact on of the vendors that is active here at CP. Tell them what you have smoked and liked so far and I am sure they can put together a nice sampler for you with some of the better cigars.

It never ends...some many cigars and so little time. :cool:

ETA: I can't spell

My link!

Get yourself one of the cheaper Anejo's left over and you might have enough to get a box of Padron 2k's. That would be how my budget would be spent. :whistling:

The 50's are a damn fine smoke.

I would mix it up. With a budget like that, I would throw in some good 64 Anny Padrons, a Lost City Opus, a petite lancero Opus (for some reason that size has worked well for me in Opus), a couple Liga Privada T52s, some LFD Double Ligeros (chisel maduro being the best), then some amazingly priced EPC Short Runs (probably the best bang for the buck cigar I've had in a while).

With that kind of cash flow, I'd pick up all different brands in pairs. Then the next step would be to smoke them. Then decide if you like them or not. Then I'd start picking up boxes I enjoyed. I'd have a bigger collection if I would stop buying the CFCF boxes. I would smoke even more with this weather down here near the Gulf of Mexico. :laugh:

I have to agree with John on this. Buy a box of Anejo's while they are available and spend the rest getting a few Padron's or something else you might enjoy.

I would say get in touch with some of the awesome vendors on this site and have them create a personal sampler pack for you. Just tell them what you like to smoke, and they will be able to send you stuff that you would have never thought of.

I think you kind of answered your own question. You are looking for some higher end stuff to sample. If thats the case I wouldnt blow my load on one box of Padrons (even though I love them). Spread the wealth around and get yourself a hand full of some of the high ends that people suggested and have a great time!

I'd probably go with a box of Hemingway maduros,
like WOAM or Hemi Classic maddys. Something reliable
and upscale.

Then I'd spend the other hundred, or so, on a sampler
of high end smokes like Cien Anos, GOF, Ashton VSG
or ESG, PAMs, etc.

Chemyst :cool:

While the Anejos and WOAMs are excellent cigars and around the holidays, I'd still go with the Padron's. Sorry to throw a monkey wrench in your decision making process. While I love anejos, I love my padrons much better!!!! :D

I would buy 3 Opus A's from wigwam.

:laugh: All good suggestions so far, except mine. :p

Would you go for a box of Padron 45 in maduro? Or 2 boxes of something less expensive. Or maybe just a few high end cigars. Although I'm building a small and varied collection, mostly middle of the road stuff, sometimes I think I'm missing out by not having some better stuff to sample. Padron #2000 in Maduro is my goto cigar at the moment.

What do you think?

In reality, I would skip buying a whole box. Why? It sounds like you are still trying to figure out what is good and what is worth your money. Is Padron 45 better than say an Anejo or Opus X? Only you can decide. Still one of my favorite cigars outside my beloved Opus is a Punch Rothschild Maduro and Maduro Maduro. Its a cheap smoke in price but still a good cigar over all. I'm not a fan of the Hemingway line if it isn't a Maduro. Both is a great line of cigars but taste wise it comes to the Maduro side for me. With a $300 budget you could get plenty of higher end cigars. I'd spend it on the following so you can get a good sampler of higher end smokes.

Opus X, Anejo, Hemingway Maduro, Padron 1964 & 1926, Casa Magna, LFD which there is plenty to pick from, Davidoff Millennium and others, Don Pepin Garcia, Don Carlos, God of Fire, and even Tat's. Once you decide which one you really like, then save and get a box of them. This is what makes cigar smoking so much fun is figuring out what you enjoy and the only way you will do this is by purchasing different ones to smoke. Something to think about.

Thanks for all the opinions, a lot to choose from. I haven't had the chance to sample an Anejo, but they sound tempting.. I do lean toward a maduro, 2k, and 858's are among my fav's. Seems as though I already have many in the humi to sample------Opus, Fuente, partagas, Onyx, Cain, etc.
At the moment, just trying to put a little age on them so the first experience won't turn me away. I do tend to buy boxes for the economy of scale. The closest "well stocked B&M" is a 5 hour round trip. Thanks again for all the opinions, I would not normally spend so much on so few cigars for myself, but this is a one time, here's $300 to spend on cigars just for you. I'm leaning towards the Padron 45 plus a couple of Anejo's to sample.

Honestly, although the 45 is is a wonderful cigar, is it $23 better than a 2000? If you smoke once a month, maybe. If you load up your stash with a handful of super premium cigars, will you smoke them?

Personally, I would go with the Anejo 46 or 50, and the box of 2000s. The economy has made the Anejos available this year like never before.

Honestly, although the 45 is is a wonderful cigar, is it $23 better than a 2000? If you smoke once a month, maybe. If you load up your stash with a handful of super premium cigars, will you smoke them?

Personally, I would go with the Anejo 46 or 50, and the box of 2000s. The economy has made the Anejos available this year like never before.

Yep! The Anejo is pretty much a once a year treat Flatstix, and the pricing is really great for such a sought after cigar. You're not getting much bang for your buck with a box of ten 45's.

Yep! The Anejo is pretty much a once a year treat Flatstix, and the pricing is really great for such a sought after cigar. You're not getting much bang for your buck with a box of ten 45's.

I think you're right. I'll probably go with the Anejo's. Thanks.

I would get a box of Padron 2000 natural and a box of maduro. Or a box of Arturo Fuente short stories and a box of Padrons. With the last $100 I would purchase singles of Opus X, Camacho, Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva, Liga Pravada no. 9, or a drew Estates selection, and one of the Padron anniversary smokes