• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Cuban you will never buy again.

Legends of the Playground said:
Monte #5
[snapback]297968[/snapback]​

I would have possibly agreed with you until I got the most recent box. Absolutely great. Very dark rich wrappers with super flavors and richness. Smooth and wonderful for a short smoke. I just think it points out the variablility of those island brands. There also inconsistancies among the domestic brands as well. An agricultural product will vary depending on the weather etc. and then they are made by hand on top of that.

vudu9 said:
IMHO, there are several, but the one that consistently comes to mind across the board is Cohiba. Too grassy, bitter and acrid, especially down to the last 3rd of the smoke. I'm pretty much done experimenting with Cuba.
[snapback]298575[/snapback]​

Cohiba, really? Are you sure they weren't fauxcohibas? :0??? OK no problem just send them my way then. :D Hey to each it's own. ;)

Shibumi said:
CalixEros said:
I've had several RASS, young and old.  I didn't care for any of them.  I found them pretty flat and bland.  To each his own, I guess.
[snapback]297082[/snapback]​

When I saw the title of this thread, that's what came to my mind. I've had about 3 or 4 that did nothing for me. They are one of the most beautifully rolled cigars I've ever smoked. They look and feel perfect. It hurts me that there is no flavor. :(
[snapback]298719[/snapback]​

Really , wow I'm really surprised to hear that. Perhaps you had a bad batch or they just don't agree with your flavor/taste requirements. It could be that I just like them without "any flavor" :sign: Again I really enjoyed the younger ones so perhaps there is something to be said about cigars being a totally personal taste experience.

ML237 said:
vudu9 said:
IMHO, there are several, but the one that consistently comes to mind across the board is Cohiba. Too grassy, bitter and acrid, especially down to the last 3rd of the smoke. I'm pretty much done experimenting with Cuba.
[snapback]298575[/snapback]​

Cohiba, really? Are you sure they weren't fauxcohibas? :0??? OK no problem just send them my way then. :D Hey to each it's own. ;)

Shibumi said:
CalixEros said:
I've had several RASS, young and old.  I didn't care for any of them.  I found them pretty flat and bland.  To each his own, I guess.

When I saw the title of this thread, that's what came to my mind. I've had about 3 or 4 that did nothing for me. They are one of the most beautifully rolled cigars I've ever smoked. They look and feel perfect. It hurts me that there is no flavor. :(

Really , wow I'm really surprised to hear that. Perhaps you had a bad batch or they just don't agree with your flavor/taste requirements. It could be that I just like them without "any flavor" :sign: Again I really enjoyed the younger ones so perhaps there is something to be said about cigars being a totally personal taste experience.
[snapback]298885[/snapback]​

RASS's were very unremarkable to me as well. I don't think many ISOM's can perform in the plus-size ring guages.

As for the Cohibas, 100% authentic glass-top boxes baby! :laugh:

R&J Belicoso. Looked great, smelled great, tasted like a macanoodle.

Shibumi said:
CalixEros said:

That mirrors my experiance with the RASS as well, however as cuban cigars go they aren't very expensive (7 bucks a stick over here) so I'm bound to give them a few more shots. Maybe I'll get one like all the other guys rave about.

The only line of Cuban cigars I purposely stay away from is the Cuabas. They just don't do anything for me.

It is interesting to read so many varied opinions on certain cigars. I have nothing but great success with Monte 2's. I am currently smoking out of a box of 98's that are awesome. The RASS I have experienced ( 1997 and 1999's ) have needed a minimum of 6 years before they became good.

The Upmann Corona Majors A/T hand rolled versions from ECA ( Upmann factory ) 2002 have been great. One of my favorite cheap Cubans.

The RyJ Belicoso's I have smoked were all strong and peppery. The entire Sancho Panza line of cigars is one of my favorites with the Molinos( Lonsdale size) being the best of the bunch.

Cohibas are my favorite all around line of cigars. I stock Siglo III's, IV's and V's along with Lanceros,Robustos and Corona Especiales. To my tastes,they have the best tobacco of any Cuban line,and the triple fermentation process is the biggest reason for that.

Thankfully we all have such different tastes because if we all loved the same cigars, none of our vendors would have any stock left.

To add to my post above there is one cigar that I would never buy again and that is the RyJ Ex # 3. I bought a box of these years ago and the cigars were so floral, I wanted to puke.

I didnt care for the Diplomatica and VR. But I had to try them. I may still give them another shot.

I'm not a huge fan of Sancho Panza Belicosos.. these never did it for me. I had a couple gifted to me that were nice, I bought a box and it was a dud. :(