• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Cuban you will never buy again.

CalixEros said:
I've had several RASS, young and old. I didn't care for any of them. I found them pretty flat and bland. To each his own, I guess.
[snapback]297082[/snapback]​

Islesfan said:
These weren't my cup of tea either
[snapback]297129[/snapback]​

Really well do send then any left overs here then, I'll "dispose" them for you ;) That is the beauty of cigars & different tastes - to each its own. Seriously if you do have any leftovers I would be interested to trade feel free to PM me. :thumbs:

chino said:
wow and ive found that cigar to be anything but flat.
[snapback]297112[/snapback]​

Chino, copy that I concur 100%. :thumbs: I only had them fresh and I :love: them just the way they are.

Most Sancho Panza, the small gauge Juan Lopez. Dull.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:

Wilkey
[snapback]297210[/snapback]​

man, i love that jlpc.

i got a box of monte #4's and was somewhat disapointed. probably wont buy another anytime soon.

good topic btw.

marcsheldon said:
Ginseng said:

Wilkey

man, i love that jlpc.

i got a box of monte #4's and was somewhat disapointed. probably wont buy another anytime soon.

good topic btw.
[snapback]297267[/snapback]​

Ooohh... I'll take the Monte #4's off of your hands!!! Let me know what you want to trade for them!!!

ggiese said:
marcsheldon said:
Ginseng said:

Wilkey

man, i love that jlpc.

good topic btw.
[snapback]297267[/snapback]​

Ooohh... I'll take the Monte #4's off of your hands!!! Let me know what you want to trade for them!!!
[snapback]297269[/snapback]​

He said he like JLpc :whistling:

I've had a handful of Monte #2's and each one seemed flat to me. Just not a lot of flavors. I keep hearing people say how they are some of the most popular smokes. Might be something in the flavor that just doesn't register on my tongue, dunno.

El Rey del Mundo - Lunch Club

Bought 5 a couple of years ago and three were plugged so bad I had to throw them away. :angry2:

There was this one, outside the Casa in Havana. She looked really nice, but couldn't suck a d....... Oh , you're talking about Cuban CIGARS........

Great responses guys. It seems there is no logical pattern as what has let you down. I would never put Monti #2 and RASS on this list. It appears that is hit and miss depending on the individual boxes. However, in my case I have smoked Regios and Serie A from 3 different boxes. Perhaps is just my stupid luck. I still prefer them to any NC. :laugh:

I just had a Tatuaje Pyramid, based on the suggestion of several other BOTL's. It was my first, admittedly, but it was raw tasting. Definitely the spicy Nicaraguan flavor I like, but it never seemed to smooth out... It was not an enjoyable smoke... I'm going to have to try another one later... :(

But the point of this story - having been a tad bit disappointed with the Tatuaje I fired up one of my SLR Serie A's from '01... Simply incredible... Still tasting it an hour later!!! :love:

You don't like the Serie A's and you're looking for a new home for 'em, please let me know!!! :thumbs:

Great King Rat said:
Great responses guys. It seems there is no logical pattern as what has let you down. I would never put Monti #2 and RASS on this list. It appears that is hit and miss depending on the individual boxes. However, in my case I have smoked Regios and Serie A from 3 different boxes. Perhaps is just my stupid luck. I still prefer them to any NC. :laugh:
[snapback]298030[/snapback]​
..perhaps one thing is the RH the cigars are stored at. I was ready to write off a batch of PLPC's I got in as too plugged to smoke, but a BOTL on the boards suggested I store them closer to 60% rather than the closer to 70% which was my norm. Son of a gun if the problem didn't seem to go away after a month or so with the lower RH. Since then, I've been keeping my smoking humi at ~63% and all my smokes, ISOM or otherwise, really seem to smoke far better. Just finished off a RASS with a Dalmore and it was....wonderful.... :love:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

I can't say that I generally don't like Cuaba, because I've only smoked a handful. However, the ones I smoked didn't do much for me.

Nope, these were stored around 63 to 65 RH. You are correct cigars stored at 65% smoke and taste better.

IMHO, there are several, but the one that consistently comes to mind across the board is Cohiba. Too grassy, bitter and acrid, especially down to the last 3rd of the smoke. I'm pretty much done experimenting with Cuba.

My fav's;

Vegas Robaina - all sizes
Ramon Allones - most sizes
Bolivar - all sizes.

...A few others I could throw in as well, I'm sure.

CalixEros said:
I've had several RASS, young and old. I didn't care for any of them. I found them pretty flat and bland. To each his own, I guess.
[snapback]297082[/snapback]​

When I saw the title of this thread, that's what came to my mind. I've had about 3 or 4 that did nothing for me. They are one of the most beautifully rolled cigars I've ever smoked. They look and feel perfect. It hurts me that there is no flavor. :(

The La Flor de Cano Predilecto (en tubos) was among the first cigars I ever tried but I couldn't find them anymore. It was great but I had only that lonely one. I thought I'd give other Flor de Canos a try so I picked up a few Selectos....man what a different experience. They were very hard to draw and very flavourless. I'll never buy those again, it was like burning money.