• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What destroys your cigar smoking palate?

Putting out a cigar on my tongue really jacks with my palate.

I accidentally put the ash end in my mouth last week... No, I did not detect a strong cedar core with hints of citrus and cocoa. :blush:

[quote name='fenian'98' post='408353' date='Dec 12 2006, 04:50 PM']
Pizza straight from the oven.
[/quote]

I thought I was the only one :)

[quote name='jabba' post='408862' date='Dec 13 2006, 01:31 PM']
[quote name='fenian'98' post='408353' date='Dec 12 2006, 04:50 PM']
Pizza straight from the oven.
[/quote]

I thought I was the only one :)
[/quote]
Nope. I'm a glutton for punishment here. I like it piping hot, but hate myself for a few days after.

I also love spicy foods (Thai, Indian, hot sauces of all kinds, etc) and regularly eat spicy stuff. Is there a chance I've de-sensitized my palate a great deal by eating spicy food for so many years? While still very new at this, I do not have the sense for some of the flavors yet that others notice, and this thread got me wondering if this has anything to do with it.

I also love spicy foods (Thai, Indian, hot sauces of all kinds, etc) and regularly eat spicy stuff. Is there a chance I've de-sensitized my palate a great deal by eating spicy food for so many years? While still very new at this, I do not have the sense for some of the flavors yet that others notice, and this thread got me wondering if this has anything to do with it.

The best way to find out is to do a control test.

Pick a cigar that you know you like and can pick up its flavors and smoke it one day after eating something that won't destroy your palette (bacon and eggs for example). Take some notes on what you taste, memory is very subjective.

Then on another day when your palette is refreshed, eat the spicy food you love and smoke the same cigar. Then compare what you taste to your previous notes.

Anytime I drink something a little to hot, I can't smoke for a day or too.. I had hot chocolate the other day and forgot to check it's temp. :blush:

What palate? Nothing destroys my palate for cigars. I just choose the right cigar for the right accompanyment.

A fifth of bourbon, thats why I smoke the cheap cigars last.

Did someone say hot sauce?

DSCF0051.jpg

A few of my empties. :love:

Those listerine breath strips.....they last forever and ruin my next cigar.
Smokeing just after brushing my teeth.
No food or drink ruins my experiance of taste if I pick the right cigar to go with it......just like wine,spices etc etc.
Colds......and if I lay around for the day watching tv,like a lazy sunday,I tend to have that...."everything tastes the same" feeling,and lose all ability to taste sweet tastes.I only,for some reason,am able to pick out the obvious tobacco/wood/earth flavors.