• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
While watching the Chiefs game, I had two fine cigars:
RyJ 1875 Bully
Victor Sinclair Bohemian

AF Cuban Beli, a Connie #9, and now a Torano Exodus 1959. Compliments on the avatar, Ray? Somehow, it fits.

Casa Fuente Beli Finos with a little more than a year of age on it. Great, but not worth twice as much as an Opus.

Hemingway Signature. First time trying one. Pleasant enough, but a bit mild for my taste.

Ashton VSG Pyramid followed by an '03 Cohiba Sig IV.. Paired with a coupla snifters of El Jimador Anejo Tequila - during the Bears game... :thumbs:

They don't call me Hellraiser for nothin'.

The first decent snowfall of the year hit today. A good 6-7 inches on the ground so far.

As a result, it is a slow day in the parts dept. Took the opportunity to have a seat outisde the hangar and enjoy a nice tall cup of coffee and a Ghurka Vintage Robusto.

Very nice to watch the 747's disappear into the clouds as they take off. And to think that I get paid to do this. :thumbs:

Had my first Gran Habano #5. I'd been holding onto this one, as I figured it would be a total asskicker. I think this was the gran robusto.....whatever it was, it was a big mofo. It might have been a tad wet, as I didn't find it very spicy at all, and it didn't put out a lot of smoke. It was OK, and I'll reserve judgement until I've had one or two more.

My judgement of the above may have been clouded by the Camacho Corojo I had last night, because that was one mean mofo. I've got a good tolerence to nicotine, but that thing made me a little wobbly. It was good, but the pure strength and the spice of the thing kinda put it over the top, IMO.

Back to tonight, I followed the somewhat disappointing #5 up with a Padilla Miami. They're tough to beat, IMO.

I had a similar experience with the Grab Habano #5. Culdn't get the damn thing dry enough. Finally smoked it a little damp and it didn't draw well, of course.

Smoking a H. Upmann Super Fuerte Belicoso this morn. Whew, a little strong for a coffee gar! ;)

Started off Saturday with an 02 SLR DC which was phenomenal. After that, I lit up an 02 Anejo Shark, and then had an 05 Party Short to cap off the day. Great day of smoking :thumbs:

Smoked a Fuente 8-5-8 Claro while on the lawnmower Saturday. It was surprisingly good, through the first 1/3rd. The wrapper split half way through and the flavor quality diminished. Overall, not a bad smoke for a change of pace. I've got four more in the cooler, should last awhile if I mix one in every three to four months.

Spent nine hours caving on Saturday in a cave called Scott Hollow (West Virginia).
A great cave that really kick my ass.

After the cave, we went to a Mexican restaurant for a large meal.

On my three hour drive home I fired up an H. Upmann - Super Corona (6/01) that was gifted to me by a fine BOTL.
I love having a cigar after a long and grueling cave trip. It is really relaxing.

A spicy start with lots of smoke. It mellowed out a bit about 1/3 of the way thru. Lots of woody flavor with hint of sweetness and still lots of smoke.
The finish was spicy, strong with the wonderful Cuban taste.

It was a GREAT hour and a half smoke.

Tonight after dinner I had my first Montecristo White Label toro. Not a bad puff in the whole cigar.

Last night I had the GF over and made a pot of homemade spaghetti. Afterward, I was looking through my humidor and noticed that I had 4 of the Gurkha Double Maduro Toros left insted of the 3 I thought I had. What do you do right? I figured "why not!". Now, I am more of a medium-full bodied type of guy and I remember smoking one of these about a year ago and liked it even though its more medium bodied. I don't know what happened since last I smoked one but WOW! I sure was impressed with the last 3rd of this cigar. I liked the first third but pretty mellow for me, second third things started picking up nicely, and by the time I was taking the band off, I was regretting that I would eventually have to put this cigar down eventually. OUCH! It burnt my fingertips! I rarely if ever burn a cigar that far down. Great smoke, glad I had one because I was thinking about offering them up in a trade. Thats probably not going to happen now!

Burn on it was perfect too, it needed a little adjusting out the gate but after two minor corrections it was smooth sailing right to the finish!

Enjoyed MNF with a PAM Exclusivo paired with Johnnie Walker Green.

Ok i will begin posting here.
Let me introduce myself to this thread - a newbie to the cigar world and have a liking for Gurkha.

Tonight I smoked a Ancient Warrior by K. Hansotia (Gurkha). I paired it with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I brought out my laptop and did my fantasy basketball draft with it. It's over an hour and I'm still smoking it. It's a large cigar. I'm smoking it just because - but it was a long day with work and traffic. My draft is over and I'm sitting here outside still smoking it. It's relatively enjoyable but not the best Gurkha I've had.

DEVILDOC - I have a cigar log - if you PM me I will be happy to send it to you as it has most of my latest smoke sessions or I can simply post hereas I continue!

Status
Not open for further replies.