• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Weekend:
RASS
RyJ Hermoso #2 Edicion Limitada
WOAM
Partagas 160

Lastnight:
Davidoff Special T (Nice Smoke....too pricey)

Saint luis rey robusto. Fantastic smoke, this is the first time i've tried em and it will be a goto smoke for me especially considering the price. :D

Just finishing a RP OWR. Not a lot going on in the flavor department. :angry:

You got that right - that stick is one of my biggest dissapointments in a smoke in a while. Based on what I had read, I jumped on a fiver of these and they just continue to sit after I had a couple in Tampa a few weeks ago. I'm just hoping that some more time in my humi will help.

I've tried both the corojo and maduro - although I prefer the maduro, like what you stated, not a whole heck of a lot of flavor (at least not enough to justify the expense). In fact, I haven't had a Rocky Patel yet that I would go back for seconds on; I guess they just aren't my thing.

You got that right - that stick is one of my biggest dissapointments in a smoke in a while. Based on what I had read, I jumped on a fiver of these and they just continue to sit after I had a couple in Tampa a few weeks ago. I'm just hoping that some more time in my humi will help.

I've tried both the corojo and maduro - although I prefer the maduro, like what you stated, not a whole heck of a lot of flavor (at least not enough to justify the expense). In fact, I haven't had a Rocky Patel yet that I would go back for seconds on; I guess they just aren't my thing.

I liked the OWR's when they first came out, i dont know if they have changed but i felt the same way about the edge's also

I liked the OWR's when they first came out, i dont know if they have changed but i felt the same way about the edge's also

My B&M (the one that replaced their entire RP line with Dominican H. Upmanns) learned their lesson and went back to RP. This news is kinda upsetting me, my first OWR was flavor packed, and I bought one earlier today to smoke in a few days. I'll try it out and then I can be sure of a change in blend/production.

Nothing Yet... going to take care of that right now, and I think I'll burn a RP OWR Maduro and report back on the taste.

See y'all in a bit!

*edit* Yep there is seriously something wrong with the newer ones.

Perfect burn, pleasant taste, but mild REALLY mild.

I was lucky to have a few of the OR RP OWR and the one I just smoked didn't taste like those at all.

I hope they fix the blend, because it used to be one heck of a good smoke.

After kicking this damn flu... decided on a gorgeous PLPC. And I wasn't disappointed.

Nothing Yet... going to take care of that right now, and I think I'll burn a RP OWR Maduro and report back on the taste.

See y'all in a bit!

*edit* Yep there is seriously something wrong with the newer ones.

Perfect burn, pleasant taste, but mild REALLY mild.

I was lucky to have a few of the OR RP OWR and the one I just smoked didn't taste like those at all.

I hope they fix the blend, because it used to be one heck of a good smoke.

I'll smoke mine saturday night, see if I get the same result. Time to lower my expectations.

RP Vintage 1990. Good as always.

Just had a Opus X power ranger and it kicked my ass a bit. I love burning one of these after a few days off

Just had an RP Edge Missle Maduro gifted to me by Newfie -- I loved it! Waaaaaay different then that first RP Edge that knocked my socks off. This was so smooth, great flavour and no aftertaste now. I'm impressed.

Had my second Gran Habano #5. Much better than the first! Not nearly as strong as I thought it would be, but the strength increased as it went. I wouldn't call it a really complex smoke, but very clean overall, and tasty towards the end. I wish they offered these in a smaller ring guage.

Then I had a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte. Wasn't the straightest burning thing, but mighty tasty and enjoyable. Mine are still very fresh, so I'm sure they'll only improve over time. :thumbs:

Finished off with a Tatuaje Serie P. This was my second....the first unraveled on me before I could even get into it, so it got tossed. This one wouldn't put out any smoke. Maybe it was my fault, as I've read that they smoke better on the dry side, and my humi has been at about 65%. I thought that would have been dry enough for a decent smoke, but I guess not. Snubbed it after less than 1/2". :(

had my 3rd VR famosos out of a 5pk. It was ok, but not better than an opus,64PAM, or the VSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.