• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
LFD Factory Press II. Lovin Litto.

Ken

How are these comapred to the chisel? I was thinkin' of ordering some.

Today I smoked:
1. LFDDL Chisel Maduro.
2. A triple Maduro Josh the employee at my local B&M gifted me. I think it was the Double Robusto. 52 (or so) x 6
3. A NC Sancho Panza corona Maduro. I like these
4. Tat. Exclusivo Zona Este robusto wow!
5. Old Henry (this can come of the wish list thread) I got from a friend who is not a CPer yet
6.Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto From same friend above.

LFD Factory Press II. Lovin Litto.

Ken

How are these comapred to the chisel? I was thinkin' of ordering some.

I like the chisel, but I like these much more. It has been a while since I have smoked a chisel and from what I remember, the Factory Press does not have the bite. That might be due to the draw of the FP being a little loose. I picked up a dozen in a box split, smoke 3 and decided I needed more when NorcalMark (Tower Cigars) made them available at an excellent price.

Four year old Don Kiki Cuban Crafter, this stick reminds me a bit of Padron maduro with a bit of chocolate and a slight taste of nuts, nubbed it. :D

Let's see...started out with a Felipo Gregorio Power, might fine mighty fine. Had a Artuo Fuente Chateau Maduro later...mmm..mmm (thanks Alan!!). Finished off this evening with a Gurkha Legend. Not bad...not bad a'tall.... :)

LFD Chisel Double Ligero

This stick was generously gifted to me several weeks ago. I thoroughly enjoyed this stick. The flavors were outstanding, and after I can find and smoke a few more I will be giving it a proper review (I find that I can distinguish the flavors best after I've smoked about three of the cigar in question). The chisel tip was a really nice change and I wouldn't mind seeing it offered on more cigars. It produced volumes of creamy smoke with every draw, and I smoked this thing down until my fingers were burning. I really didn't set it down until I couldn't possibly hold onto it any longer.

I tried this cigar in my search for full-bodied sticks without a lot of nicotine, and I thought this one fit the bill.............. until I stood up after finishing it. A great smoke to have around, but it did leave me pretty weak in the knees. I'll revisit this cigar as I really did enjoy it, but it definately isn't one to include in the list of cigars without a big nicotine hit.

D

I was sitting on my Patio yesterday poping through the web searching for stocks to trade, pm'ing a couple cool cats from CP. While i was busy doing this, I had torched the second cigar out of a 10 box of La Gloria Cubana Tainos. I had smoked one last year when they had settled in after the journey to my house from abroad. I remember this batch of nice thick 47 ring about 6 3/4 inches in length (didn't messure it presicely) cigars, being rather sweet but undefined on the initial sampling. Well as I was engrossed in the lap top, searching and B S'ing, I started to notice this cigar. It was putting off a nice sweet honeysuckle forefront. It was very pronounced. Real crisp flavor on the palate, feeling smooth and velvety. At the halfway point I started to feel the change towards a heavier and more tanic sensation. The flavor while not abortingly bitter, was becomming grassy, and little whisps of citrus rind floating around. It still had that ever so slight sweet undertone though. At the 3/4 mark it started to sharpen up quite a bit. Although the honeysuclke flavor never left the cigar it was just a twinge around the background now. A stronger more pronounced vegetal flavor with a very, very tiny hint of spice was the main concentration. Good enough to remove the band and sit back to finish it to about an inch.

This box was from April of '05. I believe if you could keep your hands of these for 6-7 years, they would be one hellof a treat. I'm going to pull another from the box in about 6 months. I'd like to smoke one every week right now. But then, I'd be looking at an empty box in a couple of months.

I rate this cigar a 85 out of a hundred. Strickly rated above the ending because of the way it caught my attention in the beginning.

It seemed to burn nice. I remember touching it up once right before the half way point. The ash was firm and I tapped it about the inch were it fell solidly. Medium grey.

The wrapper is a darker shade because of a slight redish tone. Seams were almost invisible. An ever so slight glisten of crystal white covering the entire cigar.

Felt heavy with no loose bunch spots as I rolled it around with my fingers.

The cap clipped of in the cut, leaving the two rings on the cigar (perfect) . These always unravel a bit and I paste them back down periodicly.

Thanks for reading.

Yesterday:

-Trinidad Reyes '07
-SCDLH El Morro '05
-Cuesta-Rey Stanford's Reserve #9

Fri.:

-LFD Cameroon Cabinet (Lonsdale size)
-Partagas Lusitania '98

I picked up a bundle of #112 Connies and tried one for the first time yesterday afternoon while doing a little yard work. I am a fan of maddies and this is a nice smoke for less than a dollar...

Doug

Sir Winston 2003--I gotta stay out of these!
H. Upmann #2 -- young but very nice. The rest are going for a nice nap.

My first AF Hemingway

It was a solid smoke, but a little underwhelming. No flavors really jumped at me, but the blend was pleasant. The draw was just right, and it produced plenty of smoke. I did enjoy it, but not as much as the other cigars I've had lately. These bring around $8 here, and for that money there are plenty of other cigars I would rather buy.

D

I smoked a couple of the CAO Brazilia Box-Press and enjoyed them. A bit more balanced than the other vitolas.

Oliva V Torp - strong and good construction with decent flavor. I think they will improve with age. Out of balance with too much ligero taste, IMO. I still enjoyed it.

PSD2 - from June of last year. Hoping age will bring these closer to the great '05 vintage.

Punch PC - overlooked inexpensive cigar.

I also had another '01 JL Corona. Ready to smoke! :D

Partagas D2 EL2003 - my last one. :(

Dark and oily wrapper, a cigar like a dream. Definitely the best ever produced Partagas (for me).

P.S. I knew where I get another 2 boxes of them... it's only a question of $$$ :whistling: :D

Today:

1-Comacho Selection --I love this cigar
2-Perdomo Lot 23-Very nice
4&5-Aurora Anos 100 robusto---I am buying more of these someday
6-Comacho Liberty 2007--ooooo, baby!

Partagas D2 EL2003 - my last one. :(

Dark and oily wrapper, a cigar like a dream. Definitely the best ever produced Partagas (for me).

P.S. I knew where I get another 2 boxes of them... it's only a question of $$$ :whistling: :D

Box split?

Had a CAO Brazilia Amazon, and then just finished up a RP Fusion toro which was delightful in a smoother way. Beginning to realize I love most of RP's stuff. Nice to know since they aren't too expensive! :) Also, the amazon is one of my favorite maduros. peat moss and damp cellar type flavors. Very much one of my overall favs.

Status
Not open for further replies.