• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you look for in a humidor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a new member here I was quite surprised at how defensive everyone was at first about the Puff membership. This is the only board that I have been a member of for a cigar forum and didn't know at first if I liked the tone that seemed to be spoken to the new guys. But I kept my mouth shut and figured I would see how it panned out. After Rob's post and doing some reading on the situation I started to understand more why people felt so strongly about things.

BigJake6094, thanks for the above post, I think you did a great job explaining more fully each of the points I think everyone was trying to make. It came across as a civilized response with enough detail to help me understand how things work and to learn from it. I also have a better understanding of why everyone seems to be so passionate about it.

Each board has a different feel a different way to work things out, this one definitely has a different feel to it, and it can feel very welcoming and sometimes very confrontational, but everything does seem to be out in the open and honest. I hope to be on the board for a long time and although I don't feel as strongly about puff as some, I can agree with the stance and even the way it is handled. People respond most strongly to those things that they are most passionate about and this seems to be the case here.

Oh, boy... I just saw Todd looking at the thread. You better hurry up and get that name changed before he sees this, or someone will surely pay when he blows a gasket... :whistling:

Only 18 more pages to go, to have this compete with the Bill Clinton epic threadjack.

I think this thread has run its course. Like I told Bill, I encourage him to post his work in the lobby. If he wants to sell something, it must be sold in the Retailer section only. I for one appreciate his work and talents, and don't see any issue with him posting his humidors, and/or asking for feedback. As long as he is upfront with everything, there's no issue.

As far as that other site goes, people are free to post where they choose. CP is a community, while most others are just forums using their membership as a commodity to make money. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.