• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you look for in a humidor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to thread jack.
Does it really matter what other site someone is a member of? Does it cause you or you family harm? If you dislike that site so much how would someone know that someone is a contributing member there? I figure if I have nothing nice to say it would be easier to just not say anything at all. Maybe your just the type that likes to cause a fuss.
Thread jack off.

I don't think this is going in a good direction.

If you guys think he is running a business on your site and it isn't OK... how about you talk to the site admins? Don't you think they would step in and put a stop to him supposedly pimping his wares for a profit if they had a problem with it?

I'm sorry, maybe I missed a thread where you were all deputized as watchdogs that were meant to berate anyone you deemed to be on the wrong side of the law that you make up.

If you have a problem with what he is doing, be up front about it. Start a thread about your problem instead of hijacking one of his. Invite the people that have the keys to the kingdom to weigh in, instead of trying to goad him into saying something that will get him kicked off the site.

Talk it out like ADULTS instead of playing these internet mind games.

edit: and it is freaking sad that this brings out the most action I have seen in this place in the entire time I have been here. Use your energy constructively.
These are the comments I was addressing in my last post.

NA

I still don't know who they are. ???
Yeah, the guys with mousketeer hats on all look alike.

NA

Thanks for bringing back another great memory!!! Damn near sprayed my Fresca all over my computer screen.

When I was a young lad in high school, the school's freshman were required to wear Mouseketeer hats. There were swift and stern consequences from the upper classmen if they did not comply. The newbs were forced to keep them on at all times until the homecoming bonfire. Then, and ONLY then, were they allowed to take them off and dispose of 'em.

'course - nowadays - we couldn't even THINK about imposing such a demeaning thing - else we raise the ire of the ACLU... :sign:
It seems Mr. space doesn't like me bumping this thread and showing off his error in judgement. He pm'd me that he'd prefer to discuss this in private since he doesn't see anything wrong with his post. Okay, this is just between me and Mr. space so don't nobody else read it, mmmmkay.
Dear Mr. space,
If what you have to say can't stand the light of day then don't say it. If you are one of those who post at that other forum... stay there. This is a forum for adults. We don't delete posts, we don't have moderators, we are accountable for what we say, disputes are handled in public and anyone can comment on any thread... that doesn't mean they should.

Welcome to CP, you're welcome to leave too.

NA
I received a PM from his as well, after I said "Who are you?" after his first comment. He was upset about how newer members are treated. So I pretty much told him, stay out of the fight you know nothing about. In the nicest way possible of course.... I got no reply.

It seems Mr. space doesn't like me bumping this thread and showing off his error in judgement. He pm'd me that he'd prefer to discuss this in private since he doesn't see anything wrong with his post. Okay, this is just between me and Mr. space so don't nobody else read it, mmmmkay.

<<Communication between Neal and Mr. Space deleted to preserve the privateness of the conversation>>

NA

Mr. Space looks awfully funny in them ears he's wearing... :laugh:

Sorry Mr. Space - you will not be able to reach me through PM means. :whistling:

Sorry to thread jack.
Does it really matter what other site someone is a member of? Does it cause you or you family harm? If you dislike that site so much how would someone know that someone is a contributing member there? I figure if I have nothing nice to say it would be easier to just not say anything at all. Maybe your just the type that likes to cause a fuss.
Thread jack off.

I don't think this is going in a good direction.

If you guys think he is running a business on your site and it isn't OK... how about you talk to the site admins? Don't you think they would step in and put a stop to him supposedly pimping his wares for a profit if they had a problem with it?

I'm sorry, maybe I missed a thread where you were all deputized as watchdogs that were meant to berate anyone you deemed to be on the wrong side of the law that you make up.

If you have a problem with what he is doing, be up front about it. Start a thread about your problem instead of hijacking one of his. Invite the people that have the keys to the kingdom to weigh in, instead of trying to goad him into saying something that will get him kicked off the site.

Talk it out like ADULTS instead of playing these internet mind games.

edit: and it is freaking sad that this brings out the most action I have seen in this place in the entire time I have been here. Use your energy constructively.
These are the comments I was addressing in my last post.

NA

I still don't know who they are. ???
Yeah, the guys with mousketeer hats on all look alike.

NA

Thanks for bringing back another great memory!!! Damn near sprayed my Fresca all over my computer screen.

When I was a young lad in high school, the school's freshman were required to wear Mouseketeer hats. There were swift and stern consequences from the upper classmen if they did not comply. The newbs were forced to keep them on at all times until the homecoming bonfire. Then, and ONLY then, were they allowed to take them off and dispose of 'em.

'course - nowadays - we couldn't even THINK about imposing such a demeaning thing - else we raise the ire of the ACLU... :sign:
Dear Mr. space,
If what you have to say can't stand the light of day then don't say it. If you are one of those who post at that other forum... stay there. This is a forum for adults. We don't delete posts, we don't have moderators, we are accountable for what we say, disputes are handled in public and anyone can comment on any thread... that doesn't mean they should.

Welcome to CP, you're welcome to leave too.

NA
I don't see anything wrong with any of my posts. Yes I did PM you over the matter. I was trying to handle it like an adult. I didn't make a judgement error. Look back at the orginal post. What did he say that made you feel as though you needed to flame him? He asked a question about what people like in their humidors. What was out of line with that? I didn't ask to delete anything did I? Maybe I did and I forgot. Maybe you should reread it.

Forum Rules
"Anyone seen telling newer members (or any member for that matter) to keep quiet and do as they say will be suspended and/or banned. Time spent at CP does not entitle anyone to mistreat others. If you can’t kindly point someone in the right direction, then please don’t."

Maybe you should read these as well. Here is the link. http://www.cigarpass.com/community/forum-rules/

Okay chuckles ya got me, I flamed him for... wait, I didn't flame anyone.
This was your post:
"Does it really matter what other site someone is a member of? Does it cause you or you family harm? If you dislike that site so much how would someone know that someone is a contributing member there? I figure if I have nothing nice to say it would be easier to just not say anything at all. Maybe your just the type that likes to cause a fuss."
This is a baiting, insulting post.
Since you don't seem to understand my first post in this thread here are my answers to your post.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. He said so.
4. So why didn't you "not say anything at all"?
5. He may or may not be that "type". I am certainly that type.

So... you were trying to handle it like an adult? Try a smarter adult next time. Your reasoning and logic are flawed to the point of comedy. You should probably leave the heavy lifting to someone capable.

NA

You deleted your post by editing it to say "no comment". We don't do that here.

I don't see anything wrong with any of my posts. Yes I did PM you over the matter. I was trying to handle it like an adult. I didn't make a judgement error. Look back at the orginal post. What did he say that made you feel as though you needed to flame him? He asked a question about what people like in their humidors. What was out of line with that? I didn't ask to delete anything did I? Maybe I did and I forgot. Maybe you should reread it.

Forum Rules
"Anyone seen telling newer members (or any member for that matter) to keep quiet and do as they say will be suspended and/or banned. Time spent at CP does not entitle anyone to mistreat others. If you can’t kindly point someone in the right direction, then please don’t."

Maybe you should read these as well. Here is the link. http://www.cigarpass.com/community/forum-rules/
You've been here a whole week so how do you feel you have the insight behind the history of what's gone on here in this short of a time? This is why the comment was made about new guys jumping in when they had no need to. By the way, the rules aren't here for you to hide behind so you can continue your argument that you have no business being in in the first place.

Forum Rules

I tend to stay out of these threads and watch the vets do the teaching, I even felt the need to get another opinion from a tenured member before chiming in here. And after this post I for once feel the need to speak up after reading this.
You didn't see anything wrong with your posts, but you missed the point of the thread entirely, not to mention completely misinterpreted what you read.
Since your having trouble stomaching this, let me break it down for you.

I don't see anything wrong with any of my posts. Yes I did PM you over the matter. I was trying to handle it like an adult.
Adults take responsibility for their words, and if you can't handle it publicly, then don't feel the need to chime in when you have nothing constructive to add.

I didn't make a judgement error.
Really? I'd say that you did something wrong in order to throw yourself under the bus in such a short amount of time. Challenging the membership over how situations are handled, and have always been handled when you have no idea of how this board functions....well, I'd call that an error. Apparently we have different interpretations of good judgment.

What did he say that made you feel as though you needed to flame him? He asked a question about what people like in their humidors. What was out of line with that?
Bill wasn't flamed in any way, his intentions were briefly brought into question, and he handled the situation without getting all huffy-puffy and he kept a cool head, which to many of us, shows that someone is willing to work with the membership at CP and has a decent amount of integrity. He answered the questions, and worked everything out in the open, like an adult. You on the other hand...

Does it really matter what other site someone is a member of?
Only if it is a website that doesn't care about it's membership, a website where sellers that have a tendency (and in some cases a track record) of ripping people off and making significant profit by flipping smokes are protected. Not to mention that it's coincidentally where when someone tries to call a profiteer or scammer out to protect others, said individual either gets banned, their passwords scrambled, or their post gets deleted. Active membership at those type of sites doesn't reflect well on someone that plans on being a member here.

Does it cause you or you family harm?
Cigar Pass is like a family to many of us, so the participation of scammers/ profiteers and individuals that associate with them is not overlooked or taken lightly. We protect and look out for each other and memberships here have the tendency to result in the formation of lifelong friendships of men (and women) that have a common hobby and passion.

We don't take kindly to profiteers or scammers, we frown on those that do business with and support them (which permits them to continually peddle and flip their smokes), and we don't appreciate it when individuals that support or frequent sites where their friends are getting ripped off and don't speak up to let them know they are being taken or scammed.

So to answer your question, yes, it can cause harm to us and our family here. Many senior members here have voluntarily taken on the responsibility of "protecting the flock from wolves," though I don't expect someone as oblivious as yourself to understand that underneath everything is only good intentions to protect the friends and brothers that frequent CP from some of the scum that try to take advantage of others.

If you dislike that site so much how would someone know that someone is a contributing member there?
It's called looking out for one another.

I figure if I have nothing nice to say it would be easier to just not say anything at all. Maybe your just the type that likes to cause a fuss.
And maybe you don't understand how membership here works, and why some of these guys act the way they do. Everyone contributes here in different ways, and many of these gentlemen make sure that CP's membership doesn't get taken advantage of or mouthed off to by a one month wonder that thinks he understands everything. After 1.5 years on this board, I still have not seen or experienced all of what these guys have, but over my tenure It's become pretty obvious why these situations are handled in the manner that they are.

"Read more, post less" is something that you should really take to heart if this is such a difficult concept to grasp. Staying out of controversial threads when you feel the need to throw in your inexperienced .02 is the best advice you could receive as a new guy. I still don't feel like it's my place to be jumping in here, but I hope that maybe, just maybe you will understand that sometimes it's better to learn about a community before criticizing it or it's members.

It's better to see how these situations pan out in the end, and with time (if you stick around) you will see not only why situations in threads like this arise, but hopefully you will eventually understand it. Apparently it's proven a difficult concept for you to grasp though.

No comment..
It's pretty obvious with this post that you don't understand how things happen around here. As others pointed out, we don't delete threads or topics. If you slipped up, you slipped up...take responsibility for what you say and do....unless of course, you're hiding something.

Maybe now you will have an understanding of how you missed the point and misinterpreted what you read.

Edit: Few typos.

What did he say that made you feel as though you needed to flame him? He asked a question about what people like in their humidors. What was out of line with that?
Bill wasn't flamed in any way, his intentions were briefly brought into question, and he handled the situation without getting all huffy-puffy and he kept a cool head, which to many of us, shows that someone is willing to work with the membership at CP and has a decent amount of integrity. He answered the questions, and worked everything out in the open, like an adult. You on the other hand...

Actually, that's not true. Humidor Minster did indeed get "all huffy-puffy" with ggiese and me and engaged in "flaming."
That's pathtic. Build a bridge. How old are you, 12?
and some %^%^%%*&%$ starts in on this Puff crap.

He also lied (about his level of involvement over yonder):
I've probably posted less a dozen times.
When I called him on it, he never really admitted it, he avoided it. Hell, I even nicely suggested to him the proper way to remedy it and he completely ignored me. There's no way he didn't see it because he's essentially been camped out in this thread 24/7 for the past three days. His latest smart-assed crap was to add the "dead horse" $hit. :rolleyes: I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt but I am becoming less and less impressed with his character and judgment as time goes on. He's got a pretty big chip on his shoulder that's his right to keep there if he wants but if he does, he's going to pay the price for it in the long run.

Deaktop:

Strong Spanish Cedar smell from solid(not veneer) construction. Whoosh of a great seal as it closes.

Cab.

Need not be ALL Spanish Cedar but enough to give it a good odor. All hydrophilic wood, though. Good seals. Interchangeable components. Aesthetic appeal(good grain nicely finished and tastefully decorated).

Deaktop:

Strong Spanish Cedar smell from solid(not veneer) construction. Whoosh of a great seal as it closes.

Cab.

Need not be ALL Spanish Cedar but enough to give it a good odor. All hydrophilic wood, though. Good seals. Interchangeable components. Aesthetic appeal(good grain nicely finished and tastefully decorated).

Trying to threadjack, ehhh??? :laugh:

Actually, that's not true. Humidor Minster did indeed get "all huffy-puffy" with ggiese and me and engaged in "flaming."

He also lied (about his level of involvement over yonder):
I've probably posted less a dozen times.
When I called him on it, he never really admitted it, he avoided it. Hell, I even nicely suggested to him the proper way to remedy it and he completely ignored me. There's no way he didn't see it because he's essentially been camped out in this thread 24/7 for the past three days. His latest smart-assed crap was to add the "dead horse" $hit. :rolleyes: I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt but I am becoming less and less impressed with his character and judgment as time goes on. He's got a pretty big chip on his shoulder that's his right to keep there if he wants but if he does, he's going to pay the price for it in the long run.

There were laughy guy emoticons after the picture. I believe he was only joking... I think... ???

I didn't write the rules and I've never read the rules. I figure if I happen to break one then it's probably a bad rule.

The humidor guy seems okay and should get a pass... as long as he stops baiting CC who has no sense of humor for that sort of thing.

These other white knucklers are fair game.

NA

As a new member here I was quite surprised at how defensive everyone was at first about the Puff membership. This is the only board that I have been a member of for a cigar forum and didn't know at first if I liked the tone that seemed to be spoken to the new guys. But I kept my mouth shut and figured I would see how it panned out. After Rob's post and doing some reading on the situation I started to understand more why people felt so strongly about things.

BigJake6094, thanks for the above post, I think you did a great job explaining more fully each of the points I think everyone was trying to make. It came across as a civilized response with enough detail to help me understand how things work and to learn from it. I also have a better understanding of why everyone seems to be so passionate about it.

Each board has a different feel a different way to work things out, this one definitely has a different feel to it, and it can feel very welcoming and sometimes very confrontational, but everything does seem to be out in the open and honest. I hope to be on the board for a long time and although I don't feel as strongly about puff as some, I can agree with the stance and even the way it is handled. People respond most strongly to those things that they are most passionate about and this seems to be the case here.

As a new member here I was quite surprised at how defensive everyone was at first about the Puff membership. This is the only board that I have been a member of for a cigar forum and didn't know at first if I liked the tone that seemed to be spoken to the new guys. But I kept my mouth shut and figured I would see how it panned out. After Rob's post and doing some reading on the situation I started to understand more why people felt so strongly about things.

BigJake6094, thanks for the above post, I think you did a great job explaining more fully each of the points I think everyone was trying to make. It came across as a civilized response with enough detail to help me understand how things work and to learn from it. I also have a better understanding of why everyone seems to be so passionate about it.

Each board has a different feel a different way to work things out, this one definitely has a different feel to it, and it can feel very welcoming and sometimes very confrontational, but everything does seem to be out in the open and honest. I hope to be on the board for a long time and although I don't feel as strongly about puff as some, I can agree with the stance and even the way it is handled. People respond most strongly to those things that they are most passionate about and this seems to be the case here.

I love you man! :love:

:thumbs:

Woops, sorry Bill! Seems I overlooked a few posts while trying to ingest why Mr. Space feels the need to question the motives or actions of others when he has no understanding of the members or how topics such as this one are handled. ???

Humidor Minister's hot headed posts aside, I do feel after having a couple of back and forth chats that Bill (Humidor Minister) will grow from this, and that he learned one of many lessons in how things work around here. It's just an opinion, but only time can tell.

I really only jumped in the thread because I couldn't stand to see the new weekly wonder who couldn't be more clueless act so omniscient. Maybe he'll get the gist of what I said and understand the meaning of it and intentions behind it like haguc, or maybe he'll keep debating how things are handled, guess we'll have to see.

This is the only board that I have been a member of for a cigar forum and didn't know at first if I liked the tone that seemed to be spoken to the new guys. But I kept my mouth shut and figured I would see how it panned out. After Rob's post and doing some reading on the situation I started to understand more why people felt so strongly about things.

Each board has a different feel a different way to work things out, this one definitely has a different feel to it, and it can feel very welcoming and sometimes very confrontational, but everything does seem to be out in the open and honest.

Stick with it brother! :thumbs: It's not the case that some of the older guys intentionally pick on new guys for the sake of them being new, it's that all the same mistakes are made over and over by newer guys, and it's like having to raise a child to get some of them to realize that what they are doing (for example posting popcorn photos in heated topics) is in no way constructive to the discussion, and it certainly doesn't "lighten the mood" like they think it will. The two "mottos", especially for brand new members, are "Read more post less" and "Search is your friend." If these was done by the newer guys to get a feel and understanding for how things work around here, before they started poppin' off, we'd only have to baby them every other day. :laugh:

One thing some are shocked about is that we are not just adults interacting through a forum, but we act like adults while interacting here. Good grammar and punctuation are pretty much expected, and accepting responsibility for your words, actions, trades and dealings goes without saying. Membership here can be as easy-going and laid-back as you want it to be, or you can jump in the fire every chance you get....different people have different experiences, it can only be what you make out of it.

Yes, we may seem more confrontational at times, and some of the methods you witness (as far as how different situations are handled) may seem a bit intimidating, I assure you that there are reasons for it, and with time everything will eventually understood. As far as honesty, well, I don't think there's another forum that keep others more honest.. ;)

The best way to describe it is "From the outside looking in, it's difficult to understand, and from the inside looking out, it's difficult to explain."

The best way to describe it is "From the outside looking in, it's difficult to understand, and from the inside looking out, it's difficult to explain."

That is the most incredibly brilliant statement I think I've seen ever posted on this forum. To sum it up in one sentence like that... Well... Damn - you're GOOD!!! :thumbs:

Hey Neal - BigJake is gonna give you a run fer your money!!! :laugh:

Dadgum it - it's TODD!!!

Gotta be careful - Todd gets awfully butt-sore if you don't call him by the right name... :whistling:

Oh puhlease... this:

"As a shipmate once said to me while looking down at a steaming pile of creamed chip beef on toast, "If it ain't pretty, I ain't eatin' it. This right here, is pretty."

has BJ's beat all hollow.

NA

What do I look for in a humidor?

I've found it's a really good place to hide my porn. Not the mags, just the movies. The humidity wreaks havoc on the pages, making them all wet and sticky somehow...

Oh puhlease... this:

"As a shipmate once said to me while looking down at a steaming pile of creamed chip beef on toast, "If it ain't pretty, I ain't eatin' it. This right here, is pretty."

has BJ's beat all hollow.

NA

No doubt - you're still the master. I must say... However, your writings tend to miss about 50% of the population. It requires a bit of studying and thinkin'. I believe that's why the Mousketeer crowd is having trouble grasping what you're saying.

Now - what Jake said. That's for the masses!!! If you don't understand that - well - probably best just to lie down and have the bus wheels run over your head. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.