• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Does Cigar Smoking MEAN to You?

StogieFarts

Probably a simple question on the face of it, but one that means something different to different people: "What does cigar smoking mean to you?"

For example, for me, smoking a cigar means enjoying the finer things in life and being thankful. Since these things take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to smoke, you are not rushed. I often smoke outside on my deck, relaxing in a chair by my firepit, and just look up in the sky. I admire the greeness of the trees, listen to the sounds of animals doing their animal-things, etc. I get real thankful for what I have in my life (house, wife, children). I think about loved ones, both here and crossed over. It's almost like time slows down and I can take a step back and just RELAX and be THANKFUL for the things in life. I find myself instinctively wanting to call friends, family, etc. to talk to while smoking, because I want to enjoy the company of others when smoking even if I'm alone.

What about you?

Some of you might be like, "Sheeeeeeit, I just like to smoke, brother" and that's cool too! I just didn't know if I was the only philosophical smoker who likes to smoke because it makes me appreciate these things in life EVERY TIME I light one up.

Probably a simple question on the face of it, but one that means something different to different people: "What does cigar smoking mean to you?"

For example, for me, smoking a cigar means enjoying the finer things in life and being thankful. Since these things take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to smoke, you are not rushed. I often smoke outside on my deck, relaxing in a chair by my firepit, and just look up in the sky. I admire the greeness of the trees, listen to the sounds of animals doing their animal-things, etc. I get real thankful for what I have in my life (house, wife, children). I think about loved ones, both here and crossed over. It's almost like time slows down and I can take a step back and just RELAX and be THANKFUL for the things in life. I find myself instinctively wanting to call friends, family, etc. to talk to while smoking, because I want to enjoy the company of others when smoking even if I'm alone.

What about you?

Some of you might be like, "Sheeeeeeit, I just like to smoke, brother" and that's cool too! I just didn't know if I was the only philosophical smoker who likes to smoke because it makes me appreciate these things in life EVERY TIME I light one up.

A neo-Aristotlian named Nozick wrote this essay on happiness/eudaimonia in which he describes "flow" activities. These are the sorts of activities that we have, when in practice of said activity, our worries about other things/events/people sort of just disappear. That's cigar smoking for me.

I smoke because i love the taste of well aged tobacco and good company. Anything more is just gravy on the turkey. YMMV! :)

I smoke cigars because I enjoy the taste of good tobacco. Whenever I smoke, that means I've found time out of my schedule to relax and enjoy doing nothing for a while, this enhances the experience.

But ever since joining CP, I added another dimension. I smoke and learn about cigars to share experiences, meet people, and have some fun.

All in all, I don't like up a stogie because I'm "jonesing" for one. I light one up because I've earned it.

More than most people will ever be able to understand.

1. Cut it.
2. Light it.
3. Puff it.
n. Puff it.
n+1. Leave it.

Wilkey

Smoking a cigar to me even though I have only been doing this about a year and a half.
I have crossed some plateaus.

I started just enjoying with a buddy,
then started having one while working in in the yard.
Realized that I will quickly go broke doing 3 a day.
I started buying less expensive ones and found the enjoyment going away.

So now in my quest to achieve "FOGdom"
I now simply purchase decent to good quality smokes. I just sit back with a couple good friends and a glass or two of nice whiskey and my experience is great.
great company, great conversation, great whiskey, and a great smoke.
Man its awesome!

I am finding that as some of my smokes lay down in the humi they continue to get better.
Sometimes during the middle of the day I will walk by the humi and open a drawer and take in the smell, close the drawer and continue my day.

What would Mr. Natural respond.

I'll send you something sweet, if you know the answer.

Doc.

What would Mr. Natural respond.

I'll send you something sweet, if you know the answer.

Doc.

I'm not sure what he would say Doc, but that Crumb documentary is one of my favs. Strange dude, and thanks to him I'm always trying to figure out how to snap a photo without having power lines in the background.

"Who wants to go to Heaven anyway..."

I smoke to relax and enjoy myself, its as simple as that.

To me a cigar is a little piece of time to myself. Smoking has also gotten me back to reading, I can sit with a book and cigar on my porch, and forget about everything else.

Aside from the enjoyment of a good tasty cigar, I do see myself at times reflecting on similar things. Focusing on the good things in life and ridding of the bad. Capping off a hectic day at work or doing some 'me' therapy. But having a cigar to "listen to the sounds of animals doing their animal-things", that's taking it to a whole 'nother level. ;)

Smoking to me means gifting my last Tatuaje to a BOTL at the local B&M. It means sharing with friends, old, and new. Learning a little about each friend every day. The commraderie that comes from smoking, and laughing till we cry is what makes me do it all over again.

I have a very good friend, who happens to be my coworker that is getting married this weekend. We shared our first stick together last week, as he was until that point, a non smoker. If it weren't for the wedding, I would love to share these fine times with the Brothers at the Vegas Herf. I am kinda bummed.

I have been thinking about this question since it was posted yesterday. As a complete newbie, it's a little harder to come up with some deep meaning, but I know its there, there is something more than just the taste of a good smoke, at least for me there is.

Right now, having the oppurtunity to sit down after a long day and enjoy a smoke with my brothers in arms, means many things. But most importantly it means that we all made it one more day to enjoy some of the finer things in life, and around these parts, that means a lot. It means that I will have one more chance to rush to my laptop and see what madness is brewing on this site, it means that in all this chaos, there is still something sublime to come back down to earth with. I know that these reasons are there, some just below the surface of my smile while I prepare for that prelight draw...others are a bit deeper.

If I am smoking one today, it means that I given myself the best chance I can to smoke one tomorrow. Only 179 smokes until I am home, but who is counting

Tim

Relaxation, cheerful thought, contemplation of life, thinking about the universe, beautiful woman, a whole lot of money, and more cigars !

Whenever I have a cigar I always smoke with my best friend. I feel a cigar always goes better with great company so I almost always will smoke with him. Being both newbs its fun to discuss the experience with the cigar since its different to both of us. I also enjoy the conversation that occurs over a cigar as most of our conversations tend to be very deep and philosophical.

Like you Stogie, I too become very appreciative of what I have in life and what I've been blessed with from above.

My thoughts exactly...with the addition of...the cigar has to be great otherwise I feel like I'm wasting my time.