• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What has knocked you on your ass lately?

mealstrom

I'm a medium-full smoker, but usually don't have any problems smoking strong cigars. It's been a long time since one gave me that sweaty, gut-wrenching feeling. (My first time ever was with a Oliva MB 2 - I know, it's not that strong. I was new!)

But a few months ago I picked up a Camacho Triple Maduro robusto. Normally I stay away from all-ligero or triple maduro cigars since they tend to be all brute and no finesse. But I love Camacho so thought I'd give it a shot.

Even on a full stomach, about 1 inch into the cigar I started to get the forehead sweat. It wasn't long after that the nausea and hand-shaking happened. I didn't know what to do! I was determined to muscle through this cigar, but before I even got to the end of the 5 inches I had to throw in the towel and admit to having my ass kicked.

The one that REALLY knocked me on my butt was the LFD Lancero when they were first released. Plus not eating anything before the herf contributed.

Not much does. Got a good dose of nicocosity late last year from a Davidoff Puro Robusto - enough that I found it unenjoyable.

I have another that was the generous gift from some guy who can't seem to control his dog :D . I'm giving it a couple of years, and will try again.

Moki #8

IMG_5127.jpg

An Opus X Corona. I decided to give my senses a rest, so I smoked only mild to medium stuff for about a week.
I think it made me a little less tolerant than normal, So I lit up an opus one night after dinner. Had a Chivas with it. I was positively stoned.

I smoked a fresh Anejo 46 after a decent sized meal and it still gave me the sweats and made me sick to my stomach. I tend to stick to the medium bodied smokes but sometimes I like to take a chance on the stronger ones.

The last one that got me was an Anejo 50. They don't usually but that one sure did.

Earlier this morning a 601 oscuro La Punta at around 4:30 am. Hadn't eaten for a long time. Got the sweats had to lay down for a while. Still enjoyed the hell out of it though!

Mealstrom, funny you should mention it, I recently posted about a similar experience I had (http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=42974) with the Camacho Triple Maduro. That monster floored me! Although, as with your Oliva MB 2, I am new to smoking.

Good stuff!

My tolerance is not all that high, so most of the stronger DPG blends will put me on my ass to varying degrees.

Liga Privada No. 9 It was an incredible smoke, I loved every puff but as soon as I was done I felt like I was super hung over. Head ache, upset stomach, tired...ugh.

I cant wait to smoke my second one though!!

One of the first cigars I smoked gave me the tingles in my hands and feet, and made me really warm, :blush: I took my coat off in 40 degree weather, It was called a Repeater, I almost felt like repeating my lunch! that was a nice turn on to the world of cigars, but I persisted....

Today, a Padilla Obsidian. I couldn't finish it and grabbed a Puro Sol instead.

My very first day smoking, I had a Montecristo #4, kicked my ass. Had never smoked anything before that day, much more different now, heh.