• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What have you been watching?

Just discovered Billions.
Wife and I are right at halfway through S1.

Highly entertaining, tons of F-Bombs, a few titties sprinkled throughout, and a great "Elmer Fudd/Bugs Bunny" cat and mouse story.

Finished Game of Thrones, now started on The Wire.

I guess I'm catching up on everything I've missed in the past decade or so. 😂

~Boar

I just didn't like the complete tangent from the other story line.

Same. It wasn't bad -- at all. It was just a totally different show than the other four or five seasons. It's almost like the writers wanted to try and show a completely different side of Baltimore with each season, but quickly realized that they needed to stick to the inner-city cop angle. I do like that some of the characters you meet this season show up again on down the line here and there.

I just didn't like the complete tangent from the other story line.

Gotcha. I already miss Omar. 😂

One thing I do like is how in showing what happened to each member of the original unit from Season 1, it really highlights how corrupt, political & ineffectual Baltimore PD is in the show (and presumably in real life) . . . . I mean, they were doing a GOOD job & they GOT THEIR PERP but every one of them ended up crapped on for it.

Fun fact: the show's creator, David Simon, is a HELL of a good follow on Twitter. I used to think I knew a thing or two about how to slice 'n dice someone with a well-crafted fusillade of incendiary verbiage. Until I saw HIM do it. Holy shit! :oops:

~Boar

Gotcha. I already miss Omar. 😂

One thing I do like is how in showing what happened to each member of the original unit from Season 1, it really highlights how corrupt, political & ineffectual Baltimore PD is in the show (and presumably in real life) . . . . I mean, they were doing a GOOD job & they GOT THEIR PERP but every one of them ended up crapped on for it.

Fun fact: the show's creator, David Simon, is a HELL of a good follow on Twitter. I used to think I knew a thing or two about how to slice 'n dice someone with a well-crafted fusillade of incendiary verbiage. Until I saw HIM do it. Holy shit! :oops:

~Boar
omar-crest1.jpg

Does anyone else have a subscription to Master Class? I got one a few months ago, and I've been enjoying it. I'm currently listening to Chris Hadfield Teaches Space Exploration. It's really fascinating. If you have any interest in the science of space exploration, I highly recommend this class.

New shows . . . . well, Season 2 of Hanna on Amazon was really good. All night binge watch good. 😂

Snowpiercer has been excellent, but I really hope this is a 10 episode season, not one of those 8 episode ones, because---no spoilers!---that would make one hell of a cliffhanger to leave us with. And speaking of cliffhangers, Warrior Nun on Netflix DOES end on a big one but was much better than I expected it to be.

Right now I'm watching Perry Mason on HBO, which is LOADED with big name acting talent & really well made. I'm not a fan of Matthew Rhys, from The Americans as the lead but other than that it's a great show.

And I just discovered there was a whole final season of Boardwalk Empire I hadn't gotten to.

~Boar

Been watching Warehouse 13 (Amazon Prime) with my 11 year old son, pretty good for a family show. Hanna And The Expanse are on my watch list and the wife and I enjoy Jack Ryan when it is just us.

I've watched the first two episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It's good but still not quite sure it's my jam. The set direction is impressive and the acting and pacing is very retro old school.

I just watched "Hamilton" on Disney+ the other day, and it was incredible. I'll probably watch it again soon and pick up anything that I may have missed.

I've watched the first two episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It's good but still not quite sure it's my jam. The set direction is impressive and the acting and pacing is very retro old school.

I'm not ordinarily a fan of sitcoms or comedies generally (cranky old curmudgeon that I am, lol) since they always seem to be made for a completely different target audience than me, but that show has me literally rolling on the floor laughing every single episode. Such sharp, snappy, quick-witted writing!

Plus the clothes & sets are just amazing.

~Boar

Just started watching Billions. Good entertainment and some interesting lessons to take away as well

Beth and I just finished watching the final episode of season 3 of Ozark on Netfix, can't wait until season 4 comes out...... 👍