• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What if?

I think it is about time you guys punch the discussion up a notch or two. Now correct me if I am wrong but this was a thread about what we (anyone who wishes to make a comment, long or short, right or wrong) think might happen (we are talking oppinions here, and nobody, no matter how damn many posts they have, has any place to try and silence them) if the embargo was lifted.

I for one hope that it does not. First:because as has been said, I think the market will be flooded with Cuban cigars, good and bad, as well as fakes made to try and capitalize on the new market. Second:The demand will go up, because some feel if it is cuban it has to be better. Third:The price will go up, because the demand did. It will surely settle down with time, but I am afraid said time frame would be long.

I for one have found the best sticks to be Nics and Honduran, not cuban or Deminican. Just maybe that means I need to try more of the latter to find the really good ones, dunno.

So, let the embargo stand!! There is nothing wrong with it, the way it is.

And, if this thread goes on for say....another 500 posts or so, then so be it. I will not be silenced, and STFU doesn't spell a Damn thing in my dictionary!!!

Oh, and thank you for speaking for ME FT, saved me the trouble of saying exactly what you said!!

Can yall hold on for a minute? My popcorn is just about ready...... :lookup:

Well sometimes an individual needs to step back and listen to a wiser, more level headed person. So I will take these words from a fellow brother and end any further posting of mine on this thread.

"Brother Beast, if I tried to put down all the posts I see around here that are a bunch of BS I'd go crazy......you got to remember this is the internet....you can't change stupid people."

;)

TheBeast said:
and end any further posting on this thread.
Don't you have to close the thread to do that? :(

We also have to entertain the idea that the embargo might be lifted in a gradual way. If they just lifted the thing one day, it would go haywire, and you know how the American masses hate being given change all at once! :D The cigars might be more expensive at first, especially given the fact that Joe Smoke (my name for the typical "buy a cigar once every two months") will just freak out when he sees a CUBAN cigar at his local upscale retailer. They might charge $25+ for a standard Cuban smoke and fetch it. It's not like the supermarket is going to have those things ASAP. Then after a while, things would be normal. It's probably just like weed. If they legalized it, everyone would freak for the first 5+ years and then it would be like buying spiced rum on a Friday after work. Hopefully people wouldn't blaze up on their way home though... :)

Hmmm, it appears our brother Beast is correct, Stupid People won't change. But then again, he has proven that Rude ones will also remain rude! Too bad that is considered acceptable. :(

Well I know for me - its time enough.
The picking on each other personally stuff needs to be taken away from here and maybe over to CF.

I personally dont really care about the thoughts of someone who posts with no obvious knowledge of what he speaks.

Sharing your feelings and opinions is a great thing. But we do not need the I Know it all attitude when it is obvious that on certain topics you are clueless and refuse to even consider others input.

The only thing you are going to prove to any of us by continuing being a pain to anyone (McPatrickClan) Is that when we make a pass you wont be invited. You see that is how it really works around here.
Act a fool play alone.
It can get real lonley really fast when you feel it is a good thing to simply be a **** disturber.

No I am not coming at you for being new - I am pointing these issues out as clearly as I can so that you may learn then make your own mind up.

Now, that is what I call straight out, to the point, and up-front.

Nobody can say you don't speak your mind HB, I hope it helps ???

TheBeast said:
So I will take these words from a fellow brother and end any further posting of mine on this thread.
McP, you have badly misquoted our Beasty Friend. He did not say he would end posting .... He said he would end HIS posting...

That difference is very fundamental to what he said, as well as how you responded! ???

Lucky Dawg it is a freindly board.
Seriously friendly.

We are also more tollerant athan many places as far as I know.

Yet when we see something starting and continuing well we would be complacent not to speak up about it.

good point, HB.
i'm known for speaking my mind...alot...(just ask PB :p )
i just felt i was seeing some "piling on" and it
made me sad :(

gotta hang in there for my fellow texans!! :sneaky:

hbooker said:
Lucky Dawg it is a freindly board.
Seriously friendly.
I was called out by Beast and defended myself. What is wrong with that? I have already been in one pass and am joining another. Why would you guys want to keep me out of a new one, just because Beast and I have a "war of words"? Again, I apologize if I pissed anyone off with my comments. That's not what I am trying to do.

that's what i was getting at MpC.
it seemed as though you were being piled on for
posting what you think. ain't that what we're sp'ose
to do? :thumbs:

it seems to me that everyones opinion should
be valued regardless of how many posts one
has under one's belt.

enough unpleasantness, let's talk 'gars.
(mmmmmmmmm 'gaaarrrrrss) :lookup:

Yes all too true, everyones opinion does count. It is when you begin to become arrogent and try to point out that your opinion is fact - or that other members statments are wrong where the issue gets sideways. You are no longer stating an opinion, you are arguing the validity of facts.

The whole thing "A War of Words" does not belong anywear on CP period!

That was why I stated what I did.

Hb