• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Is On Your Radar Right Now?

madurotrout

Padron Fan
I am just curious as to what my fellow BOTL are interested in at the moment.  Many of us smoked better sticks over the holidays, may have been given something new from your Secret Santa or a Cigar Pass, or just picked up a new fiver to sample.  What is something different that you are contemplating on an upcoming box purchase?  This is not your favorite stick(s) or something from your normal rotation.  This would be something new that you are considering on adding to your rotation.  Just interested in what the rest of you are smoking, and looking for suggestions for new fivers I should sample for box purchase consideration for the future.

Here are a couple I am considering:

Jericho Hill Willy Lee.  jsm11 put these on my radar last fall, and I have just recently tried these.  Really pleased with the smoke.

Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro.  I have liked and smoked these for years and smoked them as a special occasion stick.  I find myself finding more and more occasions as "special occasions".  LOL!  I do not think that buying these as fivers will suffice when the weather turns warm again.

Tatuaje Reserva.  I have only sampled the the 7th and Cojonu 2012 but like these for something different in my stash.  Variety is a good thing.

Thanks.

JD

Shorter smokes in general, Habanos minutos/petite coronas in particular.  I'm finding larger smokes taking up too much time as family time & obligations increase, and I'm well stocked with robustos, corona gordas, belis/torpedoes, etc... plus Habanos' shorter formats are smoking excellently lately.  For the price, you can't beat them.

mjolnir01 said:
Shorter smokes in general, Habanos minutos/petite coronas in particular.  I'm finding larger smokes taking up too much time as family time & obligations increase, and I'm well stocked with robustos, corona gordas, belis/torpedoes, etc... plus Habanos' shorter formats are smoking excellently lately.  For the price, you can't beat them.

Any specific brands or sticks?

madurotrout said:

Sure...

SCdLH El Principe
RASCC
Monte #5
HUHC
Bolivar Coronas Junior (and Petit Corona, but that's a marvella, so a little longer)
Partagas Shorts (I think it's becoming the only Party I actually like)
Illusione Fume D'Amour Lagunas
Illusione Epernay Le Petite
Illusione ~68~ Corojo & Maduro

To name a few...

madurotrout said:

Partigas Shorts or Bolivar Corona Junior are my 2 favorites.

Paul

mjolnir01 said:

Sure...

SCdLH El Principe
RASCC
Monte #5
HUHC
Bolivar Coronas Junior (and Petit Corona, but that's a marvella, so a little longer)

To name a few...

Thanks.  :)

Outside of my normal rotation, I'm looking to pick up some JD Howard's by Crowned Heads. They're one of the few NC's that I'll smoke. 

The Federal 94th is going to be a Quesada Espana Churchill. Sounds pretty sexy.

-MUWAT KFC

I've also resolved that I'm going to foray into the deep end soon and see for myself what all this Opus X stuff is on about.  Though I was on an easy listening kick for a while, my preferences have swung back up towards M-F as far as strength and flavor go.  The Opus will be testing those outer limits of head and stomach, I'm sure.   I didn't want to drop that sort of coin before now because I really didn't think I had the cigar experience to fully appreciate that sort of stick (or be able to legitimately compare it to others I've had and decide that it is simply not for me).

kann said:
-MUWAT KFC

I've also resolved that I'm going to foray into the deep end soon and see for myself what all this Opus X stuff is on about.  Though I was on an easy listening kick for a while, my preferences have swung back up towards M-F as far as strength and flavor go.  The Opus will be testing those outer limits of head and stomach, I'm sure.   I didn't want to drop that sort of coin before now because I really didn't think I had the cigar experience to fully appreciate that sort of stick (or be able to legitimately compare it to others I've had and decide that it is simply not for me).

If you'd like an ass kicker with full flavor, which is actually quite legit... Norteno' is among my favorites at the moment...

I hate to sound spoiled, but I've smoked a ton of cigars of the last year (first year I've really committed to smoking other than occasionally) and I'm settling into what I really like.  I've tried from various manufacturers, blends, vitolas all year in an effort to establish what I really like.

On my Radar right now, I'll be buying at least 5er's of, maybe boxes:
Four Kicks - Piramide
Headley Grange
JD Howard Reserve
Padron 6000 Maduro
Norteno'
Illusione Annunaki 

NC =
H. Upmann No.2
Trinidad Vigia'
Vagueros Tapados
Romeo y Julietta Wide Churchill

What I'll really be out to do is find more cheap sticks $5 that fit the bill... I can't keep burning $10 sticks regularly...

This year I discovered the Tatuaje P Series, mixed filler, but awesome flavor IMO... and well, well under $5.  My old standy is the CAO Brazilia, I still love them...

jsm11 said:

-MUWAT KFC

If you'd like an ass kicker with full flavor, which is actually quite legit... Norteno' is among my favorites at the moment...

I don't think DE has made a "traditional" cigar that I didn't like.  I haven't had a Norteño, but I'll definitely look into them.  I don't make it a habit to intentionally go for stuff that makes me want to pray to the porcelain gods, but I think I have now figured out how to enjoy a stick yet recognize when to put it down before that line is irrevocably crossed.  Thanks.

Hmmmm................Let's see....................................
That new Diesel I forget what it's called not the Wicked.
Oliva Saison, Serie G Maduro, Srie O Maduro, Serie V
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva
 San Cristobal Revelation
Perdomo Champagne Noir, Habano
La Gloria Cubana, LGC Serie R
Cohiba (ALL)

Just started sampling Liga Privadas for the first time, so more of the T52's and whatever Unicos I find...
MAG 50's
Always been an RA whore, so going to try those Swiss regional perfectos
Partagas Presidentes
Cohiba Lanceros
Lanceros in general....just always a favorite
Robaina Clasicos are on the buy list as they become more scarce

SCdLH El Principe
RASCC
Monte #5
HUHC
:cool:  :whistling:  :rolleyes:  :laugh:

When the weather turns nice I'm going to grab some Illusione Rothchildes. Seems to be a lot of good talk about them on here and I'm curious to see how they are.

Only had a few, but everything from EP Carrillo that I have tried has been good.

Weather around here as been so amazingly nice, I've been buying larger smokes in general, anticipating some great time out on the patio in the sun.... :thumbs:

BlindedByScience said:
Weather around here as been so amazingly nice, I've been buying larger smokes in general, anticipating some great time out on the patio in the sun.... :thumbs:

You are kidding right?  Good weather?  Throwing that in the faces of all of us stuck in the 20's with snow sleet and ice.  Thanks for the pick me up.  :laugh:  I am still stuck in the short cigar territory.  I for one am happy for you.

HUHC and Asylum 4x44. 

Things are looking up a bit though and the bigger smokes are coming, can't wait.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12481]