• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

what is the best way to get rid of cigar smoke aroma in your car?

Go to the store and get some Ozium. spray it after you do what Backslide just recommended.

X10...works every time. A buddy of mine who is a doctor & cigar smoker turned me on to this method years ago when Ozium was only available to the medical field to spray in their examination rooms.

My version is to spray the Ozium (Orange) liberally and leave the windows UP for a few hours, don't forget the headliner...then crack the windows/sunroof over night and the smell is g gone by the morning. This all works better if you smoke your cigar with the windows cracked to begin with ;)

I was using Ozium back in the late 70's/early 80's to stifle the aroma from the byproduct of bong use! :) It worked well but I never thought about using it for cigar odors.....maybe cause cigars are legal!....lol

I sell a bunch of the stuff to lounges and hotels. It will work on pretty odors as well. If you can afford it, a true Ozone machine would work best.

I don't mind the smell of cigar smoke in my vehicle, but many moons ago I smoked another dried plant in my vehicle on a regular basis. I would let it air out in the open, and I would put scented dryer sheets under the seats. They seemed to absorb the smoke smell and made my car smell good at the same time. I would imagine this would help with cigar smoke.

Years back, I got a Honda Civic stuck under an overpass during one of those torrential downpours we get here on the Gulf Coast---water coming in under the doors like a waterfall. After getting it all dried out, it still . . . smelled really bad.

I put open trays of charcoal briquets under the seats. Took the smell out almost overnight, and within a day or two it was completely gone.

~Boar

Very easy. I own a automotive detailing company. Do a search for Odorcide 210 Fresh Scent. Get a 16 oz squirt bottle. Pour in 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz into the bottle and fill with water. Open the windows to your vehicle. Squirt the mixture into all heat / air vents. Squirt the mixture into the outside air intake as well (where your windsheild wipers rest near) and let it dwell for about 10 mins. Start the vehicle, turn the heat to max, air flow to max and select the fans to defrost and upper. Let it run like that for 10 minuets and then shut the vehicle off. If you have cloth seats spray the mix right on to the seats covering all areas. Do this to the floor, headliner, rear deck and cargo area. If you have leather seats spray on to a quality microfiber cloth (test a non-noticable area first to make sure there is no bleeding or discoloration) and lightly wipe the leather. Wipe down all plastic surfaces as well again testing first. If the floor is really bad you can saturate it then put a fan down to dry and turn the heat on (it can be done but becareful to get it bone dry or it will mold) or get a carpet injector.

Google the product, it will take you to a webpage where you can request a free 4oz sample. That 4oz sample should last you a hell of a long time. Also look into their laundry sample too. I use it on the clothing (sans suits, wool & cashmere sweaters et al) I wear to the B&M I smoke at and it will elmiminate everything. DO NOT get the Odorcide Original, it works but stinks for days. Less is more with this product. The fresh scent will leave a light fresh smell for a day or two but just leave your windows down or deal with it frankly lol.

This is the only product other than an ozone generator I have used in 13 years that will each and every time get all smoke smells out of a vehicle. This is also a miracle product if you have pets that have accidents. Like I said, Google it and get the freebie then all you need is a squirt bottle, water and about 30 mins of your time.

In addition to the aforementioned: ozium, leaving the windows open at night, open window while driving (no hot boxing), no ashes or butts(specifically those of a cigar), and running around the car naked or having your GF do so...Zep makes or used to make a smoke odor eliminator that works great. I normally always leave the windows cracked and the sunroof open in the garage.

This is the Odorcide 210 I mentioned before which after many many years in
the detailing business is far and away the best working and cost effective.

CXP7tgA.jpg

PBJocua.jpg

It was $15.78 at a local janitorial supply store that I can get at least 32
applications from in a large environment vs. the Ozium stuff I just bought at
Walmart Tuesday to give it another shot and the bottle was $7 and is gone. Best
part is if you go to their webpage (I’d post the direct link but I think that
is against forum rules) you can get free 4oz samples. Sorry if this sounds
shady but I wanted to try the fresh scent, smoke and laundry before investing
in gallon jugs so I just had one sent to me, mom and dad and my brother but
have more than made up for it in purchases.

I might be going to a different supply store
end of next week for a red stain remover depending on the job and they always
give free samples so if I can get a few (2 or 3 maybe) I'll post here and first
come fist served I'll send em out.

DISCLAIMERS: No, I do not work for, distribute nor get any kickbacks for
them. Also, be cautious for use on leather. Follow the directions and you'll be
fine.

Hope this helps.
FGS

Also if you buy cheap coffee and put the coffee in small shot glass like containers in the vehicle each time you park it over night it will help a ton.

Have to agree with ilikefishes. Ozone is the best solution. Find someone with an ozone generator is the challenge.

Also make sure that there is no ash left in the car . Use a shop vac to make sure it's all vac'ed up and then ozium with open windows

I usually put a soda cup filled with vinegar in the cup holder. Leaving it overnight or for a few days usually helps too.

I've never heard of ozium or odorcide, but those sound promising.

We bought my wife a car a long time ago from someone that smoked in the car.  The philly blunts left in the glovebox led me to believe it may have been more than just cigarettes.  It was in pretty bad shape, cigarette burns in the backs of the seats, etc.  We tried everything to no avail.  After doing some googling, I sprayed the car with vinegar.  Then after letting it dry and air out, I rubbed all the fabric with baking soda.  After waiting a day, I vacuumed it all out.  That worked pretty well, and after a week or so, people that were new to the car stopped asking about the smell.  

If I had it to do over again, I'd try getting a converter, and running one of these in my car:

http://www.amazon.com/PurePlug-Air-Purifier-Plug--Completely/dp/B008CQO62W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1392761093&sr=8-5&keywords=ozone+generator

Its what I use in my smoking room if I'm having guests over.  If it works in my office, it should handle a car no problem.  (I also air out the smoking room etc., check out my profile to find a post on my smoking room for more info.)

OK, this will definitely mask cigar smoke.

You boil a pile of Barley and Chicken (add some worcestershire sauce and rosemary)

Feed that mixture to a 195 lb Great Dane.

Extinguish all open flames.

Wait a bit.

I guarantee neither you, your family members, or visitors, will smell cigar smoke.

ilikefishes said:
Go to the store and get some Ozium. spray it after you do what Backslide just recommended.

THIS 
ArrowUp.jpg

ibid said:
I usually put a soda cup filled with vinegar in the cup holder. Leaving it overnight or for a few days usually helps too.

...and then my car will smell like a salad with Italian dressing. Hmmm, I think I like that.

Never heard of either of these products, but it is good info to have. My issue has always been smoking in the garage during winter months still seems to allow odors in my car. Changing the cabin air filter helps but it isn't perfect.

Anyone know how these products would work on animal odors and/or accidents?

{tpc} said:
Anyone know how these products would work on animal odors and/or accidents?

The Ozium would be too expensive for pet odors and is more of an air-wash. The Odorcide and another product out there called Big D are perfect for pet odors and way more cost effective. They're both concentrates that only use a few ounces of product in 32oz of water. Put that mixture in an empty spray bottle and you're good to go. You can buy stuff like this at almost any local Janitorial Supply store. You can even put it in a rental type carpet cleaner to clean & deodorize the rugs at the same time. The Big D is only about $18.00 a gallon and about $7.00 a quart by me in NJ. The Ordorcide is quite a bit more. 

MadMonk said:
OK, this will definitely mask cigar smoke.

You boil a pile of Barley and Chicken (add some worcestershire sauce and rosemary)

Feed that mixture to a 195 lb Great Dane.

Extinguish all open flames.

Wait a bit.

I guarantee neither you, your family members, or visitors, will smell cigar smoke.

My GD used to get this way without the Barley/Chicken.  She had the worst gas and they were always silent.  It would run you out of the room.

Bayamos said:
 http://youtu.be/q1BNyZV13yo

Here it is in action. Anyone tried one of these?

http://youtu.be/Gr-iSATuhyc

I like the first one in the link and going to give it a shot. It plugs right into the cigarette lighter. What the heck I do a lot of smoking in my car and for $6.99 not a lot too lose. 

I found it here http://www.dinodirect.com/NEW-Car-Auto-Mini-Air-Purifier-Oxygen-Bar-Ozone-Filter-Blue.html#reviewsSwitchTab

Thanks for the info Robert.

edit for spelling.