• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your favorite cigar shape and why?

I'd venture to say Robusto (for now), because they seem to be the perfect size to fully enjoy the smoke.

Robusto - good contrast in flavor, smoke production, and time to smoke.

Most of the older members would tell you that my favorite vitola is the Lancero. It accentuates my swarthy, unctuous pimp personality and looks good with my fedora.

Doc

When the hell did you trade in your Panama hat for a fedora and why wasn't I informed? I don't even know you anymore.

It's actually more of a seasonal decision, Clint. You know how those east coast pimps roll, always getting the newest fashions before the rest of the country.

Robusto, I like the 50 or so rg, I usually don't go smaller. I'm also not usually a fan of really long cigars, I usually don't get a good draw.

Most of the older members would tell you that my favorite vitola is the Lancero. It accentuates my swarthy, unctuous pimp personality and looks good with my fedora.

Doc

When the hell did you trade in your Panama hat for a fedora and why wasn't I informed? I don't even know you anymore.

It's actually more of a seasonal decision, Clint. You know how those east coast pimps roll, always getting the newest fashions before the rest of the country.

Which explains your grass skirt.

Doc

:laugh:

Pettit corona, the perfect RG and just enough length to last me 1.5 hours.

Although I usually only get an hour, I could'nt agree more, Jason. I love lanceros but the PC is a better fit, time-wise. CGs third place.

I like to collect perfectos but I tend to smoke and buy a lot of toros and torpedos. For some reason I like Tatuaje in narrower ring guages though.

Petite Corona is my current favorite vitola in a cigar, though I think my fridgidor is stocked with more robustos than anything else at the moment.

brianetz1, if you really mean that, there's been a pretty popular newer stick at my local B&M, the Asylum 13 770. Yes, 7 x 70. Kinda silly looking, but they're selling, and I've heard the Asylum 13 is a pretty decent stick.

brianetz1, if you really mean that, there's been a pretty popular newer stick at my local B&M, the Asylum 13 770. Yes, 7 x 70. Kinda silly looking, but they're selling, and I've heard the Asylum 13 is a pretty decent stick.

i think the thickest thing i have smoked was a 56.....i can't imagine a 70.....holy crap.

Toros, or Corona Gorda's. Occasionally a robusto, depending on time allotted.

I prefer the Petite Corona. I find it the most comfortable size to smoke, and the least commitment of time, which has been at a premium for me the past few years. I truly think that the best Petite Coronas are coming out of Cuba, and they are my absolute favorite cigars, including flavor. The problem is that is is extremely difficult to find non Cuban petite coronas that are exceptional. It took me several years to build a repertoire of favorites. All that said, it seems that the best tasting non Cuban cigars typically wind up in the Robusto size. I have seen several ideas as to why this might be so. Aside from the common answer of it being a great size to get enough variety of leaf, a lot of Manufacturers use their best tobaccos in Robustos, due to the popularity of the vitola. Another reason often stated is that a lot of manufacturers use that size for their prototypes. these two reasons seem to pop up the most in my reading.