• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your favorite Coen Brother movie?

Big Coen Bros. fan. Fargo and O Brother are tops followed by No Country. I'm torn on True Grit. I hate seeing great movies re-made but the trailers are growing on me. I may see it when it's on DVD.

Its a easy choice for me. I don't like their movies. :laugh: And Fargo was one of the dumbest movies ever made. Not at the bottom but pretty close.

Big Lebowski and O Brother are my favorites but Raising Arizona has special spot in my heart... Pretty much loved all there movies other then No Country just didnt like it and saw it opening night.

You are missing out.
Itunes has it. Netflix has it. Hell I have it! If you can't find it lmk
Ill send you my copy!

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't seen The Big Lebowski. Which is odd, because I love stuff like that.

I'd have to say Raising Arizona or The Hudsucker Proxy. I seem to be one of the very few that really likes Hudsucker.

I won't go see True Grit. I don't really go to many movies at the theater anymore. There are too many douchebags that act like they're watching in their living room. Oddly enough as a self-professed movie fiend as a yute, I don't really miss it.

I loved the The Hudsucker Proxy and got the unfortunate honor of sitting next to a man as his cell phone continually rang( 7 times) before he silenced it during The Dark Knight. I'm with you. I'll watch it at home.

I'm I the only one that has never even heard of the Coen Brother's?

Pretty much. I love western movies (Cowboys vs. Aliens anyone?) so I can't pass up this opportunity.

The Big Lebowski was pretty funny as I'm a huge fan of Steve Buscemi, but No Country for Old Men was pretty damn awesome.

True Grit is phenomenal! It is not a remake of the classic Duke film but rather a close adaptation of the book. The dialog is their best since Fargo and it's damn near as funny as my all time favorite, The Big Lebowski. Hailee Steinfeld is brilliant in her screen debut. I will see it at least twice more in the theater. Coen Bros True Grit is destined to be a classic and may very well move past Fargo to become my second favorite Coen film.

You are missing out.
Ill send you my copy!

Thanks brother, I appreciate the offer but I just signed up for Netflix a couple of weeks ago. I've only mastered the instant play movies though and am working my way up to the movie ordering. Small steps for Mikey, small steps. I wish more movies were able to be instantly watched, I thought that was the whole point of Netflix.

Anyway, it's definitely on my must-see list soon.

Maybe this will inspire....
NSFW
You are missing out.
Ill send you my copy!

Thanks brother, I appreciate the offer but I just signed up for Netflix a couple of weeks ago. I've only mastered the instant play movies though and am working my way up to the movie ordering. Small steps for Mikey, small steps. I wish more movies were able to be instantly watched, I thought that was the whole point of Netflix.

Anyway, it's definitely on my must-see list soon.

At the top of my list is "No Country for Old Men". I think this is Tommy Lee Jones's best performance. What I really enjoy is how its hard to set the time period in this movie.

Heading out to see True Grit tomorrow.

Cparker

My fav is O ' Brother where art thou ,between the song ( which is a classic in my home ) and big John beating the crap out of a couple of unlucky bastards with a big stick .

O'Brother was funny. True Grit is a great movie. I generally don't like remakes but from what I've heard I see this one in the theaters.

I really don't have a favorite. All good.
I am eager to see true grit. I like John Wayne, and I like Bridges. I always enjoy seeing how other talented folks interpret classic, or even not so classic, movies.

Brother where art thou? and No Country for Old Men were my favorites. I won't go see True Grit, but wait for DVD.

Ken

x2 although I probably will go see True Grit over the holidays.

O' Brother Where Art Thou? My Dad and I both love this movie...think I'll watch it today!

So many to choose from but I think Fargo is at the top of the list. Can't wait to see True Grit. Loved the original but interested in the Coen Bros take on it.