• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your 'go to' cigar?

firefighterduke

I'm sure this has been asked, but I did a search and couldn't find it. What is everyone's 'go to' cigar? When all else fails, what is the one cigar you can always count on and why? I'm still very new, so I haven't quite found that just yet. I am a fan of Kristoff though.

Padron 64 Exclusivo maduro. Reason I have it as a "go to" is b/c it's always SPOT ON and I always know what I'm going to get. Size and blend are PERFECT for me.

edited to add: My "go to" cigar will change from time to time, but it's always a Padron.

I'm with Isy here. 9/10 its a Padron x000 or the 64 (so darn good!) when I can afford to grab a few. My other "go to" sticks if I'm feelin' funky would be the illusione 68, or something by Alec Bradley.

edit- spelled illusione wrong

H. Upman Sir Winston Churchill. It's my never fail special occasion cigar. It is, in my opinion, the best regular production cigar in the world. Less auspicious occasions get Padron '64's. Common everyday occasions get Padron Panatellas, which has become my favorite of the Classic series. The Padrons are consistent. I've maybe smoked thousands and I can't remember ever getting one that was un-smokable.

Doc.

Oliva 'O' and 'G' I've smoked more of these than any other brand since finding them. I also really liked the 'S' but they seem not to be making them anymore. I always have some 'O' and 'G' in my humidor.

I also love Padróns, but even the "normal" ones are pricey over here.

What I've strayed away from are the dark maduros of all brands, they just don't do it for me anymore. Padrón being the exception of course.

Had to sit and think about this, very hard question. These are my "go to" brands/cigars.

Anything LFD, Padron, or the ever delicious WOAM.

Special occasion varieties would be Añejo's, OPUS, Padron 64's/45th/80th.

-Jimmy

I unfortunately don't really have a go to cigar yet. I try too many and always try new ones, probably too often. Maybe some Illusione's or CAO La Traviata's, but just because they taste great and are both bargain buys.

Padron 5000 Maduro. Great fresh, transcendent with a couple years of age, and affordable enough to be a fairly frequent cigar.

2000 maduros. They have the taste and price that can't be beat. IMHO. :thumbs:

Any WOAM, Anejo, or Padron................They all never disappoint!

If I have the chance I would go for an Anejo but more frequently its been a San Cristobal Guajiro

When the warmer weather comes around and I actually smoke alot more its PSD4,DPG Blue and Padron 2000.

I am new as well. But, so far, my favorite has been the Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta. A close second would be Carlos Torano Reserva Decadencia. Its flavored but I love port wine. I need to branch out from the torano brands. I have an order coming in soon with recommendations from the members here.. looking for to trying them out.

Carlos Torano, though, has a lot of good starter cigar options it seems.

David

On the go.......From point A to point B, Maximus Robusto..