• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Guns N' Roses is my favorite band. Ever.

Slash is the reason I ever first picked up a guitar, and the reason I still play a Les Paul (when I actually play). UYI are amazing albums, though I agree there are some fillers on there. I wore the cassettes out when they were released in the early 90's. "Estranged" still gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. Alice Cooper is on "The Garden". Quite a surreal song. I wish to hell I could get to one of their recent shows. I know it's all nostalgia, but it's enough for me, man. It's enough for me...

I was a huge fan as well, when they had their shit wired tight it was as good a sound as there was in that genre. Too bad they couldn't keep it together. I saw them a couple of times in the early 90s and it ranged from magical to "is this some sort of joke?".

Three more Mayall albums. might hit the 80's soon

1977 - Lots Of People
1977 - Primal Solos (only for collectors it ain't that good)
1978 - The Last Of The British Blues

Eagles - On The Border
Taken from quad Reel to Reel or possibly a Quad 8, remixed into DVD-A format in DTS 24bit 96Khz.
R-4401855-1363927822-5209.jpeg.jpg

I was listening to Dr. John Gris-Gris and that got me thinking about remakes that are nothing like the original.
dr-john-gris-gris.jpg

Listen to Dr. John on "I walk on Gilded Splinters"
And the the same song by Humble Pie on their Live at the Fillmore album
watch
You'd never guess that they were the same song until the chorus.

I was a huge fan as well, when they had their shit wired tight it was as good a sound as there was in that genre. Too bad they couldn't keep it together. I saw them a couple of times in the early 90s and it ranged from magical to "is this some sort of joke?".
I can't argue with that. They were definitely hit and miss in their heyday. Have you watched any videos from this latest tour with 3/5 of the original band? They sound amazing -- nearly 1992 all over again. Axl sounds phenomenal for a 50-year old, and the music is tight and tonally perfect.

I may venture back mainland to see them in San Antonio next September. An old high school buddy of mine got tickets already and said one is mine if I want it. I want it. Just have to make sure the stars align as far as where we are and how Operation Getthefuckbacktoeurope is progressing...

I can't argue with that. They were definitely hit and miss in their heyday. Have you watched any videos from this latest tour with 3/5 of the original band? They sound amazing -- nearly 1992 all over again. Axl sounds phenomenal for a 50-year old, and the music is tight and tonally perfect.

I may venture back mainland to see them in San Antonio next September. An old high school buddy of mine got tickets already and said one is mine if I want it. I want it. Just have to make sure the stars align as far as where we are and how Operation Getthefuckbacktoeurope is progressing...

I caught a concert on some channel of them in Vegas, not sure when it was but fairly recent. Appetite for Democracy I think it was called. And it was just as you described, tight and tonally perfect. I'm not sure who the two lead guitarists were but they were outstanding and Axl did sound pretty good.

I caught a concert on some channel of them in Vegas, not sure when it was but fairly recent. Appetite for Democracy I think it was called. And it was just as you described, tight and tonally perfect. I'm not sure who the two lead guitarists were but they were outstanding and Axl did sound pretty good.

Oh man, that is the "Axl & Friends" era of late 00's - 13'ish. They were very good, but it was nothing like what happened earlier this year. Axl, Slash, Duff, and a few members of the "Chinese Democracy" band got back together for the Not In This Lifetime tour. It's basically nostalgia at its finest, to be honest. They sound amazing and everyone's on point. Check out some very recent YouTube vids from the spring and summer months.

The Bill Charlap Trio - Live At the Village Vanguard
Lennie Tristano and Warne Marsh - Intuition

A handful of the old Oxford American Southern music CD's I found. Digging Eldridge Holmes, Mayo Thompson, Dwight Yokum, Percy Mayfield, etc.

I have been listening to some Emerson Lake and Palmer after learning of the passing of Greg Lake.
That got me to thinking of Giles Giles and Fripp and listened to The Cheerful Insanity of GG&F.

Reactions: AVB
Been playing Paul Robeson this morning. The man was a force of nature.