• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

st-paul-rsda.jpg

;)
Record Store Day release.
Doc

Doc, is there a story behind that?

Starting off the morning with Mr. Elmore James. I haven't listened to him in a number of years and I am embarrassed to admit that I had forgotten about him. I see no more better penitence that spending the day with him and reacquainting myself.

I have a better story about this band. A middle aged black woman confronted Paul Janeway, the lead singer, grabbed his hand, looked at it, and remarked "Someday that white is going to rub off." The story about these guys is fascinating. You might want to look 'em up.

Doc

Last edited:
Listened to Monkey3 "Beyond the Black Sky" all morning, then Space Invaders "Dreadnought" this afternoon.

I have a better story about this band. A middle aged black woman confronted Paul Janeway, the lead singer, grabbed his hand, looked at it, and remarked "Someday that white is going to rub off." The story about these guys is fascinating. You might want to look 'em up.

Doc

Thanks Doc, listening to them now. The singer is very Sam Cooke-ish. Love it so far.

Rat Pack Day - Various CDs of:

Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
Sammy Davis Jr.

Dean Martin was "daddy's helper" when my boy was a toddler. Always calmed him down.

I apologize if this has been posted before, but it was too good not to share. These guys knock it out of the park with this Chicago cover! Bet their jam sessions are a lot of fun!!

These guys knock it out of the park with this Chicago cover!
I also almost posted this yesterday, after listening to them for a couple of hours. I didn't because I couldn't remember if i had posted it already. Been subbed to them for a while.

Last edited: