• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

While there are a number of great female rock singers there are very few actual female rockers. For over 40 years she has been anywhere from the edges to the center of what we call Rock & Roll. From being in a band with Mark Mothersbaugh to working at NME to rubiing shoulders with Malcom Mclaren. She almost married 2 different Sex Pistols (Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious), auditioned for 999 (incredibly huge in the UK) and left Masters of the Backside just before they changed their name to The DAMNED and topped it all off with a child with a rock icon Ray Davies. Oh, she also had 4 #1 singles and 3 top 10 albums.

So what brought out this story? I got The Pretenders With Friends blue-ray for Christmas and was just slack jawed at how 39 years since I first saw her how little had changed. She still has the guitar chops, plays a mean harp and when I closed my eyes the same voice I heard all those years ago. At 67 when this was recorded Chrissie still brings it . If you are a Pretenders fan this is a great addition to your collection.

clo1285br_1.jpg

Gary Moore: "Live from London." On blue vinyl no less.
I don't often listen to Bluesmen or women who aren't American, but this guy was amazing.

Doc

Perhaps their best album and the last one to feature the original line up with Brian Jones.

Beggar's Banquet 50th Anniversary in Super Hi-Rez 192/24 download. This does sound better than the DVDA release of a few years ago

BeggarsBanquetLP.jpg

I thought I had something by her and after digging around found her 2003 album "Comfort to the soul" Played it last night and it was better than I remembered but since I didn't remember much that isn't saying a lot. Blusey but not straight Blues for some numbers. I might have to listen to something newer to see if she changed

I thought I had something by her and after digging around found her 2003 album "Comfort to the soul" Played it last night and it was better than I remembered but since I didn't remember much that isn't saying a lot. Blusey but not straight Blues for some numbers. I might have to listen to something newer to see if she changed
Remember is a word I've removed from my vocabulary.:p

Doc