• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

I bought this yesterday. I had been looking for an album by him for quite a while.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 4
That album in particular or just Elton John in general? He's put out 45 albums so it couldn't be that hard to find one.
This album sort of. I was looking for a greatest hits, but I had a different album in mind.

steve_earle_ghosts_west_virginia.jpg

Although the album is not due 'till May, Tidal had the track "The Devil Put the Coal in the Ground" available. I might buy this one.

Doc

A little Blues on Sunday. Sonny Terry, one of the best blues harp players ever and his partner of 35 years Brownie Mcghee who was no slouch on the guitar. They first played together in 1939 and started their recording career of playing together in 1947, picked up again in 1951 and continued until Terry's death in 1986. The duo was also the first recipients of the National Heritage Fellowship award - the governments highest award for folk and traditional arts. Both have been inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame Sonny's playing on Lost John (sadly not on this album) is considered one of the hardest harmonica songs to play.
R-2430502-1283636457.jpeg.jpg

The_Nitty_Gritty_Dirt_Band-Will_the_Circle_Be_Unbroken_%28album_cover%29.jpg

There's a lot of stories that come with this group of performers. The two I like the best are Mother Maybelle Carter's humbleness and the fact that Bill Monroe refused to play with a bunch of long haired hippies. He can kiss my ass. I own nothing by him, nor do I listen to any of his music, even though he's the father of Bluegrass.

Doc

The_Nitty_Gritty_Dirt_Band-Will_the_Circle_Be_Unbroken_%28album_cover%29.jpg

There's a lot of stories that come with this group of performers. The two I like the best are Mother Maybelle Carter's humbleness and the fact that Bill Monroe refused to play with a bunch of long haired hippies. He can kiss my ass. I own nothing by him, nor do I listen to any of his music, even though he's the father of Bluegrass.

Doc
One of the few "country" albums I own along with Gram Parsons' Grievous Angel, a Willie Nelson and a few others

One of the few "country" albums I own along with Gram Parsons' Grievous Angel, a Willie Nelson and a few others
It's not "country". It's "Americana". That's why we like it. ;)

Doc

vgnxiy1o.jpg

If you don't know who Doc Watson is, you may not know he was blind. I doubt if he drove.
BTW, one of the first bands he played in was a rockabilly band.
Doc

Last edited:
The Blues doesn't get older - from 1992
81QmHVnBc2L._SX355_.jpg

I'm stuck at home, working remote and listening to my kids do Tik Tok dances all day. Lord help me.

Never really knew what SKA was until I was smoking a cigar at a local pool hall kind of place and they played it and I liked it.