• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What NOT to have with a cigar

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Cigars should not be associated with anything that says: light, diet, no calorie, fat free, caffine free or reduced. Also any beer you can see through should be out along with seltzer water. Coors light should get you punished even if you aren't smoking a cigar.

well everyone is entitled to their own opinion :lookup:

mhn said:
well everyone is entitled to their own opinion :lookup:
Yep. And while I enjoy a nice single malt with my stick I also have become quite fond of Michelob Ultra with a good smoke. To each his own :D

AVB said:
caffine free
Sorry, I love my ginger ale and sprite. Can't agree with you there.

I also love my Caffeine free Coke, since I can't have caffeine any more ... and my decaf coffee ....

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

ALL I have to say is

:0 :p :p :p :p :p :p

:lookup: :sign:

I smoke my cigars with, bottled water, seltzer, or a light tea. I find these refreshments bring the flavor of a cigar out. Usually if I am smoking a cigar I want to enjoy the cigar and don't want it overpowered by a "man's" drink.

If I'm out with friends I will drink along with a cigar but I will certainly pick a cigar that isn't too important to me, as the flavor is covered by the alcohol.

My two cents. :)

Warning, THREAD JACK

Liam, how in heck did I miss you were from Connecticut!!

WOW, you just doubled the number of CPassers from the Nutmeg State (me 'n you)!!

Glad to see ya around!!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programing.

I can't stand Coors Light so I'm with ya on that one AVB

Big Slim Junior said:
I would just add that anything that ends with "oscopy" would not be good with a cigar. :D
:0 OUCH! I think I agree. :sneaky:

Since I started my Atkins diet, and gave up all forms of "real" sugar (ie: soda, cakes, etc). And I've been drinking alot more water, tea, and little to no booze :(

I find I can taste alot more of the cigars I smoke. I'm actually starting to taste some of those subtle flavors people talk about... BUT: the keep the thread on topic, I don't agree, since I have caught myself drinking a little water with a splash of lemon or lime juice while smoking my cigars recently.

And since I'm on the atkins diet- just about everything I eat, drink or consume is xxx reduced, or xxxx free somewhere. :p

Just started low carb like the Atkins myself, had decaf coffee and honestly it tasted the same to me. Actually without all the sugar it tasted a little better. Not a big fan of beer with cigars. Will occasionally have a nice cold glass of water. It actually brings out the flavor in my opinion. To each his own I guess.

ricmac25 said:
Just started low carb like the Atkins myself, had decaf coffee and honestly it tasted the same to me. Actually without all the sugar it tasted a little better. Not a big fan of beer with cigars. Will occasionally have a nice cold glass of water. It actually brings out the flavor in my opinion. To each his own I guess.
One of the big reasons that coffee 'needs' sugar is because caffeine is VERY bitter.

Make two cups of coffee, one decaf and one regular. Put the same amount of sugar in each one. You'll see what I mean.

Water is most likely the best because it doesn't mask anything. Anytime you add flavors it will enhance or reduce some flavor somewhere.

I drink water mostly with my Gars, as for coffee tho, why in the hell would you want to ruin a good cup o Jo with nasty ole sugar?

Straight and BLACK BABY!!!!!!

PuroBrat said:
I drink water mostly with my Gars, as for coffee tho, why in the hell would you want to ruin a good cup o Jo with nasty ole sugar?

Straight and BLACK BABY!!!!!!
I like a shot of peppermint schapps in mine (in the evening)

AVB said:
Water is most likely the best because it doesn't mask anything. Anytime you add flavors it will enhance or reduce some flavor somewhere.
I thought you said NOTHING CLEAR? :p ???

Okay to be honest this is how I usually do things.

Water= any cigar that is extreamly flavorfull that doesnt require any sort of "help" or a cigar that I havent had before that is supposed to be fantastic (another example is a cigar that has very subtle flavors that I don't want to miss)

Diet Pepsi= I don't feel like drinking and I want something more than water to either help the flavor or maybe to mask a bit of the strength (usually to help the flavor as I have been looking for more and more full bodied cigars cause they just don't pack the PUNCH they used to for me)

Hennesy XO= I drink this EVERY time there is a special occasion or I feel like a GOOD cognac with my cigar, usually I will choose a VERY strong cigar to go with this drink and 99% of the time it is an ISOM (exeptions to the rule have been a La Luna and a trinidad that I had that were VERY good) that I have had previously and noted to myself that a good drink would not overpower that cigar.

Other cognac XO and otherwise= I have MANY diff. kinds of this stuff and drink it with no reason or even too much thought behind it, I tend to just drink these and then smoke a "dog rocket" or try a new cigar that I really don't think will be good (anyone noticed that very FEW cigars are good after that pre-concieved notion?) or a cigar that is supposed to be "premium" that doesnt fit into that catagorie in MY book.

Scotch= to me this requires a cigar I know HANDS DOWN and I want to see how this or that scotch will compliment the cigar. I don't know much about scotch except that I like it and will keep an open eye with all these reviews going on and such (thanks AVB for really being on top of that)

I stay away from flavored soda and cofee (not that I really drink it too much anyway) when smoking a cigar as they tend to ruin even a good full bodied cigar for me.

But as it has been said before TO EACH HIS OWN! ;)

Phil

hmmmm why hasn't anyone mentioned crack cocaine?

i went to a store recently, and i had some AWESOME hot coco with my torano.
it was so freakin good.

this was good hot coco, not the ridiciously sweetened crap that is given out.