• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What pets do you have?

Thanks, we kinda have a soft spot for Pugs (but really any dogs!) here at CP. He was a dapper looking fellow, glad he had a good life.

My Rat Terrier (20lbs or so) ate a whole large pizza except for bell peppers, only one slice had been taken. He was some kind of swollen. Another time he ate a 2" thick ribeye, same thing. He had about a 5ft vertical leap, tables and counters were too easy - just had to put stuff in the oven or fridge if you left the room.

Guess I'll hijack this and share the gang over the last 48 years. They are Maggie, Madison and Shelby ( who is my avatar ). Shelby was the last dog that left us in 2018.

View attachment 54392
Aww. Yeah my parents have had 2 pugs now too. 2 black ones. They have a current one Layla and she’s tiny compared to most pugs but still awesome. My boy was 12 so lived an average length life. The diabetes did him in though. Felt bad every time I had to give him his shot which was 2x a day and he was up to 16 units of insulin before he died which the vet says is quit a bit

Good to hear you were a good dad with the insulin, expensive, but when you love them, they are true family. Our girl Maggie ( the big one in the middle of my legs) needed her kneecap re-attached which we did. Also, this sounds like BS, but her coat was finer than Mink, just amazing when you gave her a rub. When we got her she was two weeks old and fit in the palm you our hand. Had to come home from work at noon for a bottle feeding. She started out at 4.5 ounces but as you see, she did well.

Good to hear you were a good dad with the insulin, expensive, but when you love them, they are true family. Our girl Maggie ( the big one in the middle of my legs) needed her kneecap re-attached which we did. Also, this sounds like BS, but her coat was finer than Mink, just amazing when you gave her a rub. When we got her she was two weeks old and fit in the palm you our hand. Had to come home from work at noon for a bottle feeding. She started out at 4.5 ounces but as you see, she did well.
Yeah my parents fostered 4 baby pugs and they kept the one I mentioned above (Layla). My dad wanted the runt. They had to bottle feed them and poop them and stuff. And yeah the insulin was $70 a pop 2x a month plus the syringes and paying for checkups on his levels. Not cheap. But he was worth it. Sometimes we could get the insulin at Costco pharmacy for only $45 but they were back ordered a lot so couldn’t get it all the time there

My sons English Lab got into the pantry and ate an entire bag of dogfood.

Spent the night at the emergency vets. They said his stomach was the size of a basketball and it could have flipped over which would have been fatal?
My daughter, who works in an emergency vet hospital, says this happens way too often and is almost always fatal, unfortunately. I'm glad you caught it early!