• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What really expensive cigars to you find yourself buying?

I like smoking those 'super special' cigars on Tuesday, I find Tuesdays really bring out the Tobacco flavor. In terms of a more attainable spendy stick I would say Casa Fuentes and Padron Millenniums. I always end up getting a couple a year to enjoy.

A couple Millenniums a year? :(

Casa Fuente for me as well. God of Fire, Carlito. Hmmm. Not much else I would drop that kind of cash on. The Millennium is one cigar I would drop cash on.

GOF Carlito . . . the double robusto and the churchill.

I really can't afford to smoke them as often as I do . . . I just can't help myself! :whistling: Such fantastically rich, satisfying smokes---if I could I'd smoke them all the time.

~Boar

I don't even belong posting in this thread. Any of my close cigar friends knows that I have trouble smoking my good ones. I've gotten better, the more time I spend on here and another board though...Always seems as though we have our entire lives ahead of us, but no one truly knows when it's their time. As it stands, I am the first to say that I have WAY TOO many "special occasion" cigars that never get smoked :(. I think this Friday I will select something very special in honor of my girl friend's 22nd birthday. I know she wont care, but it'll be memoriable for me. :) Thanks for the thread guys.

If I had to tell you guys some that I've been avoiding smoking (the list is long...I'll shorten it :lol:) :
-Any of my Opus' - not b/c they are special, but I like them with a few years on them or they put me next to a toilet. :lol:
-AVO Lounge
-Ashton ESG 22's
-PAM 26's (ANY!) - esp. #1's
-some assorted CCs

I guess I buy the one expensive cigar that takes away the taste of hooker spit, maybe.

Nice selections posted by all.

For me its Padron 1926 No.9 maduro, as well as, 40 years and 80th, maduro as well. They never let me down.
Also enjoy Fuente Hemmingway Short Story as well. I need to pick up a couple of those actually.
I have a jar of Tat Blacks but I just can't seem to bring myself to smoke them.

I also enjoyed the Ashton ESG and the padron 1964. I have smoked one of each and they were great.

The expensive I smoke a regular basis is probably the regular Padron 1926 line. The 80ths are just to expensive to go through on a normal basis, however if you can find em at a good price, they are hard to pass up. If not the Padron, probably the Anejo. I wish I could smoke these every single day.

Opus,Padron anniv. when i can get them. Have paid 13.50 for a maduro principe and will probably do it again,Great smoke! Not sure why the good ones are so hard to find in Indianapolis

Given that expensive wine tastes better (regardless of what that wine actually is), it would follow that the same psychological effect would be in evidence for cigars as well.

Last year while in the Outer Banks, my father-in-law got me good. I brought bottles of '02 and '03 Caymus Special Selection and he brought a bunch of liquor/wine from his restaurant.

Part of his haul included a couple of $6 recent production cabernet bottles from South Africa. He lined up a 3 glass wine taste test--both Caymus years and the South African wine.

I picked the '02 Caymus fairly easily (much smoother than the other two). But the "better" tasting wine of the remaining two was difficult. I picked the South African wine over the '03 Caymus. :blush: :laugh:

The smokes that break my smoking budget, but I keep buying them are the Tatuaje brown labels, opus X, and Padron Anni's. I have to let the Opus set a little while before smoking them; the fresh ones can't compare. I just finished a PAM '64 torpedo and an '06 Opus Perf X. Great smokes.

I will also agree with the statements about the GOF's. They are, in my opinion, amazingly worth the price tag, but they are not as easily accessable to me as the others I mentioned.

Brandon

Usually I like bolder smokes but for a change up I like the Davidoff Special R.

It's funny to see that the majority of people's picks have been NC.

I like the Forbidden Lancero myself, there have been some nice picks here.

I love and buy GoF Carlito Dbl Robo, the Padrón 40th and 80th, Opus X and Opus rare vitolas.

Just a good ole don carlos double robusto. They are higher priced for me. It was one of the first high high quality smokes I had and it holds a special place in my humidor. Only smoke a few a year.

Bought my first Opus X lastnight. Im sure it will have to be a serious ocasion for me to smoke it.

Davidoff Millenniums mostly every friday. Just bought a couple Forbidden chili peppers I have to let settle and smoke in a couple of weeks too. Padron 80th is great also.

Forgot GoF also. Love those.