• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What really expensive cigars to you find yourself buying?

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
And I'm talking about ones you smoke and not ones you buy just to have bragging rights about.

For me its the God of Fire cigars and the Padrón 80th.

The God of Fire both Carlito and Don Carlos remind me of our departed brother Infinity and I reflect on him every time I smoke one.

The Padrón 80th is just one of my favorite cigars, I take my time and enjoy each and everyone.

How about you?

Shawn

H.Upmann Sir Winston if I can get my hands on some aged ones!
And I would like to smoke an Padron 80th Ani again, I had the pleasure of smoking one
and that was a memorable occasion.
But they are sure hard to find over here!

Rene

And I'm talking about ones you smoke and not ones you buy just to have bragging rights about.

Great qualifier, Shawn. What good is bragging if you're never going to do anything except look at the thing?

I'll have to agree with you on the 80th. That's probably the one expensive cigar I'll buy from time to time.

Shawn

THIS. Enough said.

For me, it's the Don Carlos Anniversario's. I buy one everytime I get an extra $30 lying around, because they're my favorite special smoke. I smoke them on a special occasion, for a milestone in life, or some days just because (in the words of Infinity). Great topic Shawn. :thumbs:

BUY SPECIAL CIGARS AND SMOKE THEM PEOPLE...don't just brag about em'. :rolleyes:

I like smoking those 'super special' cigars on Tuesday, I find Tuesdays really bring out the Tobacco flavor. In terms of a more attainable spendy stick I would say Casa Fuentes and Padron Millenniums. I always end up getting a couple a year to enjoy.

Shawn

THIS. Enough said.

For me, it's the Don Carlos Anniversario's. I buy one everytime I get an extra $30 lying around, because they're my favorite special smoke. I smoke them on a special occasion, for a milestone in life, or some days just because (in the words of Infinity). Great topic Shawn. :thumbs:

BUY SPECIAL CIGARS AND SMOKE THEM PEOPLE...don't just brag about em'. :rolleyes:

I still really want to try one of those, and I forgot the Forbidden X is also a great cigar to drop a bunch of cash on for a sublime smoking experience.

It seems most of the cigars I have been finding myself smoking are the 12 $+ range ;) My Father, Padron 64, 26, 80th, La Riq by Tat... Can't keep my hands off them!

There is a guy over at CF that makes some special Fuente samplers to support the kids in the DR. I'm a sucker not only for the kids, but the cigars are some really HTF cigars.

These were this years selection:

1 FFOX Shark, 1 FFOX El Scorpion, 1 FFOX Forbidden Lancero , 1 Don Carlos Sr.Blend Robusto

Each Sampler was $125.00 and included shipping That lancero is calling my name!

Deals come up that sometimes make more expensive
smokes attainable.

Recently, I smoked my first PAM, and I've now obtained
an Ashton ESG, from a BOTL who needed to sell samplers
of his cigars during these difficult financial times. BTW, the
PAM was just terrific.

I scored 10 LA Cien Anos belicosos from a daily special
at Holts, some time back. So they are in my sights for
upcoming special occasions.

When I visit Holts, most of the 'unattainable' smokes are
available, but my budget always takes precedence!

Thanks for the thought provoking thread.

Chemyst :cool:

Random high-ish dollar sticks, I never plan these things. I would like to get a few more dunhill lanceros at some point.

edit:

DOH, meant Davidoff.

There is a guy over at CF that makes some special Fuente samplers to support the kids in the DR. I'm a sucker not only for the kids, but the cigars are some really HTF cigars.

1 FFOX Shark, 1 FFOX El Scorpion, 1 FFOX Forbidden Lancero , 1 Don Carlos Sr.Blend Robusto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just ordered some of these from Tony. Looking forward to receiving them.
Luckily, because summer shipping is a bit on the warm side, he's 1 day ship / receive
from me. Right up the coast in San Jose. :thumbs:

- KiltLad

I've never been disappointed by a Padron 80th. I keep a box of each (regular, maduro) in the cabinet and smoke 3-4 a year.

I generally refrain from buying such high end sticks, but I did buy a box of Padron 80ths.

I have a few other HTF high end sticks thanks to some brothers here, but not enough to be considered buying on a regular basis.

Ken

At $17 dollars or more per stick, especially if purchased from Davidoff in Lincoln Center, the one I purchase most often is the Davidoff Millennium Blend, Robusto.

Aside from aged HTF stock...that I will smoke...these are always great to pick up.

I like the Sr. Blends....hmmmm, might have to have one!

I would agree the Senior Blends are very good!

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just ordered some of these from Tony. Looking forward to receiving them.
Luckily, because summer shipping is a bit on the warm side, he's 1 day ship / receive
from me. Right up the coast in San Jose. :thumbs:

- KiltLad

I can never figure out when he's doing those CF Samplers. Did I miss them already on CF? That Opus Shark is an AMAZING cigar. Maybe you can get me in contact with him Kiltlad??

Edit: 10-22 that, I just found the thread. I got the above post confused with those Karate Samplers they do on CF.

I frequently purchase a Padron 1926 No. 9 Natural when I visit my local shop. I never buy a box of these due to the price but I always seem to end up with one before I leave. They have never let me down.

Phil

I usually pick up a cigar for my anniversary the next year. Last year I bought a Hemingway Maduro Masterpiece to smoke this year. And this year, I bought a Tat RC233 for next year.

I am gonna have to agree that out of all the high end sticks that I usually smoke. The 80ths are really the only one I ever get a box of. I am smoking my last one right now but I just ordered another box :thumbs: You can't go wrong with these they are no doubt one of my all time favorites.