• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What to do with all these bombs?

Bahianut

Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in f
So now that I am living in a tent due to the mass destruction that has rained down upon my humble home, it is time for a contest. This is my 100th post, and with it come a way to have some fun and send out some sticks!

I asked Wilkey for his blessing to do this contest again as he initiated the contest a little over a year ago.

General rules are as follows:

3 stands per member. (you can continually update your top three, but only three will be judged)
please post all three attempts in a single post

Contest will commence on Monday June 4th and will run for three weeks.

At the end of three weeks (or extended upon my discretion) the honorable Wilkey, Blue Dragon, and Jonesy will judge the contestants and pass along their top three for me to choose the winner.

The winner will receive a nice fiver of sticks. :thumbs:

And the winner is. . .

winner2.jpg

Winner1.jpg

Congratulations to Hojadepuro!!

Great job to everyone who not only posted a stand, but for all those who wore ash on their shirt in valiant efforts!

Your prize will fly on Monday.

I do have to say that there seemed to be MAJORITY of Newbs pulling off ash stands round here. For all the smack, not a single post from our judges (cough, cough).

Seriously, thanks to Jonesy, Blue Dragon, and our own Wilkey for judging the fine stands by all.

The picture above is actually the second stand for that Ashton, here is the first one on my porch but could not get the camera to focus in the dark.

AshtonVSGstand1.jpg

I picked it up, took a couple more puffs and stood it on the grill for a better picture.

That is a damn fine stand, Bnut!

For the new guys or anyone else who might need a refresher, here is the thread from the 2006 Ashstanding contest. Member slevy007 took top honors with a trio of unbelievable stands. This was a blast and I was hoping that someone would revive the idea.

Best of luck to all the players. Don't be surprised if I toss in an entry or two of my own. ;)

Wilkey

That is a damn fine stand, Bnut!

For the new guys or anyone else who might need a refresher, here is the thread from the 2006 Ashstanding contest. Member slevy007 took top honors with a trio of unbelievable stands. This was a blast and I was hoping that someone would revive the idea.

Best of luck to all the players. Don't be surprised if I toss in an entry or two of my own. ;)

Wilkey
Alright then! Game On! :thumbs:

If I understand this correctly, your putting part of the bombs that you recieved (as a gift) up as contest winnings.??

I hope you got consent, as some might think that is very bad form..

If I understand this correctly, your putting part of the bombs that you recieved (as a gift) up as contest winnings.??

I hope you got consent, as some might think that is very bad form..

I believe him sending these out as contest winnings would make them a form of a gift. In that case and according to this chart it should be acceptable. Thoughts?

CigarExchangeProtocol.jpg

Comments:
The selling of gifted cigars is the only unequivocally forbidden action.

The trading or gifting away of gifted cigars is generally considered inoffensive, except perhaps in special cases where a) the cigar is particularly rare, expensive or otherwise significant or b) there is an expectation that the cigar will be smoked and the experience shared.

Hmmm not good form, neither is having a contest to find out what was in a bomb. Thats just me though.

Hopefully not the case.

Hmmm not good form, neither is having a contest to find out what was in a bomb. Thats just me though.

Hopefully not the case.
He's not having a contest to find out what was in a bomb.....it's an ash stand contest. I can't speak for him, but we've pm'ed each other and I really don't think he's using his gifted cigars as the prize either. This is a way for him to pay it forward from all the bombs he's recieved since his daughter was born last week. If he wants to use the cigars I bombed him with as a prize, I have no problem with that. Andy is a truly good guy that wants to give a little something back.

He can do what he likes with his gifted cigars except sell them. This has been discussed many times and if the
general consensus has changed in any way then I stick with my opinion, which is, as stated.

Brian

I think Wilkeys chart still holds true. So IMO, as long as he's not profiting from any gifts, sounds like a regular PIF to me.

He can do what he likes with his gifted cigars except sell them. This has been discussed many times and if the
general consensus has changed in any way then I stick with my opinion, which is, as stated.

Brian
True dat!

I concur, that's also how it was explained to me, and makes most sense.

Let it be known that last nights ash standing attempt resulted in disaster, I shall redouble my efforts!

~R

Let it be known that last nights ash standing attempt resulted in disaster, I shall redouble my efforts!

~R
LOL.... mine too, I'm not going to enter, but I was wanting to see how it went....not too good! :laugh:

~R
LOL.... mine too, I'm not going to enter, but I was wanting to see how it went....not too good! :laugh:
* Sigh *

Is this yet another cigar tradition that the noobs are going to get schooled in? Yep. I think so.

Maybe you can give it a try next year after you've got another dozen or so cigars under your belt. ;)

Wilkey

~R
* Sigh *

Is this yet another cigar tradition that the noobs are going to get schooled in? Yep. I think so.

Maybe you can give it a try next year after you've got another dozen or so cigars under your belt. ;)

Wilkey
Is this a challenge Wilkey? :whistling:

~R
* Sigh *

Wilkey
Is this a challenge Wilkey? :whistling:
I knew that was coming. :laugh:

If you think you can hang. ;)

I'll put up a premium fiver against your best stand. You choose the judge.

What say ye?

Wilkey

If you think you can hang. ;)

I'll put up a premium fiver against your best stand. You choose the judge.

What say ye?

Wilkey
I don't know......from what Moki says, I don't have a chance. :laugh: Well, since we're both judges in this, maybe the other judge should do it.....unless he wants in too!