• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What to do with all these bombs?

Ok, some Mac stand ;)

ashsv2.jpg

img106.jpg

Davidoff Millenium Blend Petit Corona
Nice cigar .. I really like the Millenium Blends. :thumbs:

And for all you future ash standers out there, it is really helpful to have some frame of reference when photographing an ash stand. I'll be looking for height mostly. Good Luck! :thumbs:

Ok, lets just finish it...

ash02gn6.jpg

:D
What is that, Michal? A mushroom? :laugh: ;)

Come on, let's see some BIG cigars!

Wilkey

Yes, its a mushroom, and kind of... 'art ashstand' ;)
but... Hey! Size doesnt metter - You wrote it yourself today, didnt you? :p

Ok, and another one (wow, looks like Im on some ashstand run)

snc11090qz1.jpg

That is a damn fine stand, Bnut!

For the new guys or anyone else who might need a refresher, here is the thread from the 2006 Ashstanding contest. Member slevy007 took top honors with a trio of unbelievable stands. This was a blast and I was hoping that someone would revive the idea.

Best of luck to all the players. Don't be surprised if I toss in an entry or two of my own. ;)

Wilkey

I think I'm going to retire as champion... although I do think that I have one inmenso left.. :whistling: :laugh:

Steve

That is a damn fine stand, Bnut!

For the new guys or anyone else who might need a refresher, here is the thread from the 2006 Ashstanding contest. Member slevy007 took top honors with a trio of unbelievable stands. This was a blast and I was hoping that someone would revive the idea.

Best of luck to all the players. Don't be surprised if I toss in an entry or two of my own. ;)

Wilkey

I think I'm going to retire as champion... although I do think that I have one inmenso left.. :whistling: :laugh:

Steve
Come on, Steve. Go out with a bang!

Wilkey

I got an email from Bahianut today:

Hey Cory,

I've not been able to get onto CP since the 14th due to a DC jack in
my laptop breaking. I've sent it away, but with the contest running,
I want to at least let someone know why I'm not around. You are the
only email I have and my work has CP blocked and its my only access at
the moment. Would you post a little comment in the ash stand thread
saying the contest will run until my computer is back? Approx. 7-10
more days.

Thanks!

So, the contest is going to be running at least another week. I say give it to July 2nd for people to post their ash stands. That will give them two weekends to get things rockin.

I have had two failed attempts w/ ash ending up all over my chest. I keep going for the big one and it curves on me and dies, but I'll post one after the 2nd Annual CP HERF in Vegas for sure!

Keep 'em comin'!

How about a couple of first attempts to keep this thread moving? ...

(first try at a 5 Vegas 'A' Atomic)

sorry it's blurry, didn't have macro on.
5vegas2.JPG

Oooops:
5vegasfail2.JPG

How about literally and "ash stand" (JUST the ash)
5vegasstand2.JPG

(Famous Nicaraguan Selection 2000 robusto)

had a nice ash going:
nicash.JPG

ended up like this:
nicashfail.JPG

(from my 5 vegas A review) first half fell off:

5vegasfail.JPG

second half still had enough left to stand:

5vegasstand.JPG

Yes, I know it's a terribly dark picture, but what else do you expect at 1:45 am with a cell phone camera?

gallery_4289_250_20493.jpg

My first successful ash stand. Gurkha, resting on a brick in front of some flowers.

I smoked this RyJ Beli from '01 this weekend on my six month wedding anniversary. The wife and I got to have a mini vacation, and I got to enjoy this smoke in the courtyard of our hotel. I didn't think the ash would hold up to an ash stand, but it held on tight the whole way. It was a little crooked, but it stood right up! A pretty decent feet for me as I can't usually get a decent ash on isoms.

IMG_2195.jpg

This is an Anejo 50 I got to smoke with Razorback and Bond. A fantastic smoke with a razor burn and strong ash. Even sir-shakes-alot could get an ash stand out of this guy!

28286a7e.jpg

Thought I would go ahead and get two out there. I will try to get another one to complete the trifecta!! Thanks for the contest! I am having fun with it!!

Brandon

Looks like some fine stands fellows. Is anyone else wondering why those smack talking judges have yet to throw down their stands? :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry about being gone, just got the puter back today. Only had to catch up on 20 pages! :blush:

The contest will run to the July 2nd as Cory suggested. Keep'em coming!

Andy

. Is anyone else wondering why those smack talking judges have yet to throw down their stands? :laugh: :laugh:
I've gotten more ash on my shirt and lap in the past two weeks then I care to think about! :laugh:

Looks like some fine stands fellows. Is anyone else wondering why those smack talking judges have yet to throw down their stands? :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry about being gone, just got the puter back today. Only had to catch up on 20 pages! :blush:

The contest will run to the July 2nd as Cory suggested. Keep'em coming!

Andy
I just haven't had that killer ash yet. Maybe my hand just isn't as steady as it used to be. But I have a feeling this weekend will be the time for the big one.

Wilkey

If ya can't *hang* Wilkey, it's okay..
Just say so, we accept you for who you are.

Not a good weekend to try ashstands at night. . .

Had a beautiful ash going, about half a dozen tokes left before the attempt and the neighbors set off a bunch of fireworks and scared the living daylights out of me just as I was taking a pull and dropped about 4" of ash all over me. :angry:

Oh well, enjoyed the cigar and had a laugh at myself! :laugh: :laugh: Contest ending Monday night, post up your last attempts!!! (and watch out for fireworks!)

Well I tried two more smokes to "end all ash stand contests" :sign: but to no avail

I thought I had it with the DC Maximus #1, but the ash fell off right at the end. :( Then I tried an Esplendido on the 4th, but sir-shakes-alot could not come through! :laugh: Oh well, I had a lot of fun with this. Thanks for getting this going!!

Brandon