• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was the 1st Recorded music you bought?

Well, I already posted the first LP I ever bought in Gary's thread. So, I'll take the liberty of posting the last music I bought during my fortnightly trip to the record store. Near mint condition copies of Led zeppelin II and Jethro Tull's Stand Up on vinyl and Joe Bonamassa's Black Rock on CD.

Doc.

The Cars - CandyO. I think 1979 or 80.

Couldn't pass up the Alberto Vargas cover.

First cassette was the New York Dolls debut album . . . first 8-track was Black Sabbath's Master of Reality . . . first vinyl was David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust . . . can't remember what the first CD was. I was into blues by then, so I think it was John Lee Hooker's The Healer.

~Boar

This is a hard one for me, as my house was full of musicians and music. My best memory is:

Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman

Well, I already posted the first LP I ever bought in Gary's thread. So, I'll take the liberty of posting the last music I bought during my fortnightly trip to the record store. Near mint condition copies of Led zeppelin II and Jethro Tull's Stand Up on vinyl and Joe Bonamassa's Black Rock on CD.

Doc.

Dayum, where the hell is my Stand Up LP? Great Albums!

Vinyl and it's still a beautiful thing​

Diamond Dogs​

You buy music?
Besides the fact that free music has had the life taken out of it with compressed dynamics, it's stealing.

Doc.

Ain't that the truth! When I hear something that is REMOTELY uncompressed, you take notice immediately. I was driving yesterday and my son put the radio on in my car to a local station...a Billy Squire song came on and my sound system came to life!...the music actually had separation and dynamics! There was punch to the sub and some degree of clarity! Even XM has gone to sh*t...nothing like it was in the beginning.