• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was your first Humidor

Land Rover

Reaction score
My first, is a Reed & Barton Diamond Crown Wellington. This one is my pride and Joy. I will always have it. Since the first one, i have 2 additional. Use to have 4 additional, but i sold 2 and built a coolerdor.

Mine was a Daniel Marshall 20th Anniversary Treasure Chest.
Limited to 200 made, I was happy to find one after it received a very favorable review in CA.
I loved it so much that I bought a second one (I have #009 and #010)!

DM-Treasure_Chest_closed.jpg

DM-Treasure_Chest_open.jpg

...and, hell yes, I still have 'em! ;)

mine was a 75 count I got from some online store (forgot what one - think cheaphumidors.com? go figure...) that SUCKED. Seal was very weak...

Got rid of it with a very short period of time (month or two I think?) and still have the replacement today. Don't know the brand, but it is a quality 'dor. Great seal, nice workmanship and quality parts. But the new coolidor ROCKS!!!

50 ct. Thompsons from an add in a magazine :blush: $20 and I still got it :0

Those Daniel Marshall's are sweet Puff :thumbs:

mine was the gettysburg from bargainHumidors...it has since passed sine the glass in the top cracked :(

mhn said:
mine was the gettysburg from bargainHumidors...it has since passed sine the glass in the top cracked :(
[snapback]180113[/snapback]​

Started with that one:

desktop.jpg

Still have it full of the good stuff (that's an older picture)/

Then, I got this:

barrister.jpg

It too is now full. The left side is full of 3 more boxes than shown. I can't fit anything else in it. Trying to decide whether to get another Barrister to put on top of that (most likely) or build a coolidor (less likely). My wife tolerates my humis because they look nice...

1st was a Thimpson's 50 ct. desktop humi. That lasted about 4 weeks then I decided to make a humi out of a small dorm fridge. Now I have 2 of the fridges and a 125 ct desktop cabinet. Currently my Thompson's is awaiting a new owner and he should have it full in about a month.

First humidor (still my only humidor) 50 count from cheaphumidors.com. Was bought as a gift for me and has served me very well. Though since joining up here i have had to add a tupper'dor to my collection :).

My first (and only) is a Thompson Barrel Humi (125 stick).
Came with 100 sticks (50 were real dog rockets!).
Keep it full and no humidification problems.
No plans to expand (smoke 8-10 per week), but you never know! :D

Jim

My first humi was a Knob Creek promotional 100 count humi. I love it. I will probably never get rid of it. It is a plain dark wood box with "Knob Creek small batch bourbon" fire branded on top.

First one was a little 25 count humi from C.I. Cute, but I quickly realized that it wasn't nearly big enough.....:whistling: So, along came a "Milano" from CheapHumidors.com (which I still think is an excellent starter humi once you get them seasoned, BTW). Much better......but, dammit....still not enough storage...!! So, a 30 Qt cooler quickly came into play.

...I just checked; it's almost full, too....you can see where this is going....:D

65% beads from Viper / Heartfelt keep them all under control (finally). Can't recommend the beads enough.

I've decided that I will for sure invest in a really fine humi someday but for now I will watch, smoke, listen and learn a bit....:cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

Yep, it was the plastic jar humidor! I keep my pipe tobacco in it now.

My first was a 25-count humi from Cuban Crafters. I recently passed it on to a local newb who's just getting into cigars.

Mine was a 50 count humidor that was sold at the Bombay Co. one X-mas. Nice looking humidor, but the seal really sucks. Still have it, though.

My first humi was the Hampton by Craftsman's Bench.
A nice 25 ct humidor, which I still have.

First was a Thompson's desktop. It was ok for awhile and then the seal failed (don't know why; warpage?). Next was a 75 ct. CA from a local Tinder Box; never had a good seal, but I still have 'em both.(?)

Then a Milano, now devoted exclusively to Habanos, then a 600 ct.. Progressively e coolers (48 and 2 54's), and now the 153 Igloo.

I think I have a problem...... :sign: :sign:

My first one was a small one that my dad used to use back in the 1960's. I put some new spanish cedar in it and a modern humidifier sometime in the mid 1990's.

I still have it but I don't use it anymore.

My first humidor is a Vicksburg and I love it. My second one is a litle burl something or another I got in a sampler from holts and it actually works quite well. Looking at coolers and stuff right now I'm actually considering just buying 2 150's so that when the first one gets full I can just go right ahead and start on the second one.

Tupperware lined with cedar from cigar boxes.

naiou175 said:
My first humidor is a Vicksburg and I love it. My second one is a litle burl something or another I got in a sampler from holts and it actually works quite well. Looking at coolers and stuff right now I'm actually considering just buying 2 150's so that when the first one gets full I can just go right ahead and start on the second one.
[snapback]180649[/snapback]​

Now THERE'S a positive attitude!!! :whistling: