• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was your first real cigar?

Macanudo Portofino for a friend's birthday back in 1996.  Had no idea what I was doing back then.

It was in 1990.  Macanudo Hyde Park given to me by a coworker. Its been downhill on my wallet ever since! 

First real cigar was a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970. Talk about turning green!

Villazon Punch Punch in February 2005.  I'd had a few others prior to that--cigars that I don't remember--but that was the first I smoked after I decided to seriously commit to cigar smoking. 

My first real cigar was a Cohiba Red Dot. Had it on a motorcycle ride with a couple of buddies. That was about 3-4 years ago now. Still smoking with the same buddy, gave him his first humidor for a recent birthday. Its really amazing how this hobby binds people of all types.

Tatuaje 2009 Cojuno...damn cigar has cost me lots of money but also plenty of enjoyment.

Devil Doc said:
 Royal Jamaican petite corona. A lovely cigar made with Jamaican filler and Cameroon wrapper. They don't make them anymore, or any other Jamaican tobacco cigar, thanks to hurricane Gilbert, which decimated the cigar industry on that island.

Doc

I found some of those Royal Jamaican, I really would like to try one but the price tag is pretty high.
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/11949/royal-jamaica-c-1988/

Those would be very old cigars. At least 27 years. I wouldn't take the chance. They weren't strong cigars to begin with; they're probably air balls now. And don't believe everything a cigar merchant tells you. Any time you're dealing with a perishable product there's a good chance shenanigans are going on.

Doc

Pretty sure my first would have been a Macanudo Robust (in the green tube). Purchased from a cart in the middle of Disney's Pleasure Island.

I believe mine was a Te-Amo Tubo that I bought on U of I campus.... thought it was cool so I gave the empty tube to my GF.   

Thanks Doc. I did read somewhere that they weren't strong to begin with so I decided not to purchase them for the same reasons you gave.

Mine was an aged Dunhill NC Churchill sizes from a tube when i was 18.