• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

It was 60+ degrees last night, so I thought I would get out enjoy a nice post-work drink/smoke. I enjoyed a couple of fingers of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban (Port finish) with a Rocky Patel 1961 by the outdoor fireplace. As a Bourbon drinker, I appreciated the Glenmorangie's sweetness and it complimented the RP'61 nicely.

Last night I had a glass of Pappy Van Winkle 20yo that was amazing. I forgot how good this stuff is and now I'm wanting to get a new bottle since mine is about done. Too expensive for now though...

Drinking simple tonight, but I am in a great town. Louisville and a glass of Maker's on the rocks.

I'm sitting out back on the patio (it's 79 degrees here) with a little Woodford Reserve and a Holy Lance. :p

My Father Robusto with a glass of Ron Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva

I got into my Jameson 12 yr old the other night. I have been so busy since joining CP, trying Scotch, Rum, and Beer,
that I forgot how excellent this really was.

Last night I had a glass of Pappy Van Winkle 20yo that was amazing. I forgot how good this stuff is and now I'm wanting to get a new bottle since mine is about done. Too expensive for now though...
I had a glass last night at a buddy's house and you are right...outstanding :thumbs:

Just found a bottle for $110...is that a good number?

I had a glass last night at a buddy's house and you are right...outstanding :thumbs:

Just found a bottle for $110...is that a good number?

It's $99 here but the store only has 3 left in the entire DFW area. I found it on the shelf a year or 2 ago for about $95. I'd probably still buy it at $110...sooo good.

It was a rough day today. Tonight it was Appleton Estate 30 year old rum. Tomorrow my Pyrat Cask 1623 should arrive...can't wait. :thumbs:

With the weather warming up around here, I had one of my favorite summer drinks.

Newmans Lime-ade and Grey Goose on the rocks with a lime wedge. Dangerously good combination... :whistling:

I almost hate to admit it, but I've been drinking a fair bot of FireFly Sweet Tea.

Tonight it was Appleton Estate 30 year old rum.

So. Jealous.

If you get a chance to try this, I highly recommend it. It's pretty expensive but not really much different than some top cognacs or single malts, and it definitely belongs in the same category.

I almost hate to admit it, but I've been drinking a fair bot of FireFly Sweet Tea.

How is that? I've heard good things about it. Flavored vodka has really taken off. I want to try the Bakon vodka as it sounds like it would be pretty good in a bloody mary.

Tonight it was Appleton Estate 30 year old rum.

So. Jealous.

If you get a chance to try this, I highly recommend it. It's pretty expensive but not really much different than some top cognacs or single malts, and it definitely belongs in the same category.

Have you had the 21? At the moment, that's a more easily attainable bottle.

I've not had the 21 as of yet, but I've read nothing but good reviews.

Went to a steakhouse in Dallas tonight and had a glass of Johnnie Walker Blue. Was my first time to have this. Damn smooth but it had more peat flavor than I was expecting.

It was only about 4 years ago I could get the 21 for about $70, it's now not quite double. It'll be awhile before I drop $350 for the 30.

It was only about 4 years ago I could get the 21 for about $70, it's now not quite double. It'll be awhile before I drop $350 for the 30.

Ya, the 30 was expensive, however I've had cognacs in the same price range, and I think this rum is comparable as far as refinement goes. I'll have to compare it to the 21 at some point. I can find 21 for just under $100, of course shipping can increase that by $15-20.

I'm finding rums quite interesting. There are so many variations, from so many geographical areas, it's difficult to get bored.

Tonight was just a few glasses of Cruzan Black Cherry Rum and Cherry Coke.