• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Just finished a dram of Ardbeg 10. This is some good chit!

This unusually cool weather put me in the mood for bourbon so I'm enjoying Pappy Van Winkle 20 Year out back by the fire.

Hopefully later tonight: Boris Karloff meets the torch!

Four Roses Small Batch! :thumbs:

I'm really enjoying* this and the Single Barrel lately.

~Boar

* . . . enjoying it so much I had to edit for typos! :laugh:

Had some Eagle Rare 10 in an attempt to drown this flu I seem to have picked up.

Unfortunately, it didn't work, I might have to go to some heavier artillery such as devil springs if I want to defeat this bad boy but, at that point it might kill me as well.

You know what I got myself into right now. Jack Daniels. Plain Ol Jack.

I do a 'Mac's Extra Smooth' version of Plain Ol Jack in my oak barrel. About 4-6 months worth of oak time smoothes it out without making it too woody.

I do a 'Mac's Extra Smooth' version of Plain Ol Jack in my oak barrel. About 4-6 months worth of oak time smoothes it out without making it too woody.

So you essentially re cask the Jack in an Oak Barrel. Pretty good idea. Where did you get this Barrel and if its not too much trouble do you have a pic or two? :D

Lat night crack the bottle of George T. Stagg 09. Excellent dram, Heavy Molasses, and Brown Sugar with a touch of ambrosia and a sharp bite of alc.

Very very good.

Had some ER 17 from 2008 last night and it does not hold a candle to the 09 Stagg.

Had some ER 17 from 2008 last night and it does not hold a candle to the 09 Stagg.

Yeah the Stagg will ruin you for other bourbons. I prefer higher proof whiskey now after having that and the BTAC Weller.

I had a glass of Bookers tonight which is always a great bourbon.

Went to the Liquor store at lunch and picked up a new bottle og Balvenie 15yo, opened it up and it was actually aged 18+ years, nice little surprise. Can't wait to get home and try this bad boy. :thumbs:

There was a thread on one of the scotch sites last year about how old the 15 can be. People were posting cask dates and some had just broken 20 years!

Went to the Liquor store at lunch and picked up a new bottle og Balvenie 15yo, opened it up and it was actually aged 18+ years, nice little surprise. Can't wait to get home and try this bad boy. :thumbs:

There was a thread on one of the scotch sites last year about how old the 15 can be. People were posting cask dates and some had just broken 20 years!

Interesting, I know I have had bottles at random ages ranging from 15-16yrs but, was pretty happy when I saw 18+ on the latest bad boy.

Had a dram last night and it was definitely a slightly smoother and a little more oaky (vanilla) than my last bottle. As always a definite winner and this appears to be a great expression. This bottle will be lucky to make it to Christmas. :whistling:

Just back from Las Vegas and need to dry out my liver.....

Scotch:
Macallan 12, 18 & 25
Johnnie Walker Blue
Highland Park 25
Lagavulin 16

Rum:
Zaya
Oronoco
El Dorado 15
Ron Zacapa 23

I almost never smoke 5 cigars in a 48 hour period. I have drank more.

Cigars:
Padron 1926 #9 Natural
Opus X Double Corona
Casa Magna Pikito
Oliva Series V Torp
ISOM-Bolivar PC from I think 2003

Great weekend other than giving back the profits of my 2 previous trips at the tables.

Just back from Las Vegas and need to dry out my liver.....

Scotch:
Macallan 12, 18 & 25
Johnnie Walker Blue
Highland Park 25
Lagavulin 16

Rum:
Zaya
Oronoco
El Dorado 15
Ron Zacapa 23

I almost never smoke 5 cigars in a 48 hour period. I have drank more.

Cigars:
Padron 1926 #9 Natural
Opus X Double Corona
Casa Magna Pikito
Oliva Series V Torp
ISOM-Bolivar PC from I think 2003

Great weekend other than giving back the profits of my 2 previous trips at the tables.

Picked up a bottle of Balvenie 17 yr. sherryoak to drink this weekend... This weekend should be fun :cool:

Had some Zaya and found a bottle of Black Maple Hill Bourbon tucked away in the back of the cabinet. TO me, it is a nice, reasonably priced Bourbon.

Picked up a bottle of Balvenie 17 yr. sherryoak to drink this weekend... This weekend should be fun :cool:

The SherryOak is an excellent drink, though not surprisingly some folks just don't care for it at all. Me personally, I'm a fan.

I was in Kern California last weekend, and at the Kern River Brewing Company I had a dark beer that was aged 18 months in bourbon barrels. You could smell the bourbon on the nose and it had a terrific body and taste. If you like Bourbon and are ever in Kern I recommend trying it. (For the record, I have no affiliation with the Kern River Brewing Company in any manner other than the one visit last weekend)

Macallan flight yesterday afternoon. Mac 18, 25 & 30 followed by a Davidoff Anniversario #2 out by the pool. You gotta love the weather in Tucson.