• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

That would certainly help but I'm not sure if that is all it needs. Let's say 95 proof and 12 years old should do it.

Now if Beam would only start bottling Basil Hayden at a higher proof... :(

I really wish they'd do more with Old Grand-Dad and some of the other brands Beam Global's sucked up since the late 80's.

At least we can thank God they didn't do to OGD what they did to Old Crow! ??? They seriously must've bought that brand just to kill it and mutilate its corpse.

I've heard a lot of talk that the Basil Hayden mashbill is the same as OGD, but I don't know about all that. I taste a lot more rye in OGD, but of course it could be all about just how they blend different barrels from different years, different positions in the warehouse, obviously the proof difference, etc. etc. The only upper-class version of OGD is the 114...but man if I wouldn't love to see longer aged OGD, or single barrel offerings, etc. :love:

Will be sitting down with a couple fingers of Woodford Reserve tonight after a nice steak dinner.

Just finished the last of my Aberlour 15 bottle. Very sad to see this one go. I may have to get a bottle of the 16 to see if it even compares.

I am becoming Jack Sparrow.

Zaya, Pyrat, Oronoco...I am getting a little into the Rum.

Sat down with a few fingers of JW Black Label last night to go with my RASS. The JW was great. The RASS, we'll let's just say I save the colorful metaphors for another time.

Sat down with a few fingers of JW Black Label last night to go with my RASS. The JW was great. The RASS, we'll let's just say I save the colorful metaphors for another time.
Sounds like a good time! I've been wanting to try a RASS for a while now!

Jeffrey L.

Have had the pleasure of flor de cana 4 yrs, very sweet for an aged dark rum, HC7 yummy, and I picked up a bottle of Bacardi ron solera, the flavor and aroma very similar to HC7, yet has more fire, and a bit more vanilla or honey sweet flavor in the background. IMHO.

I didn't get to smoke last night. I was there with my wife who continues to suffer the effects of pneumonia from over a year ago. Smoke, perfume & household cleaners send her into an asthmatic fit.

The owner of the restaurant introduced us to a guy that coached in the Super Bowl in 1981 for the Eagles. He even let her try on his ring. I didn't know the losing team received rings but apparently they do. Awesome evening!

I didn't get to smoke last night. I was there with my wife who continues to suffer the effects of pneumonia from over a year ago. Smoke, perfume & household cleaners send her into an asthmatic fit.

The owner of the restaurant introduced us to a guy that coached in the Super Bowl in 1981 for the Eagles. He even let her try on his ring. I didn't know the losing team received rings but apparently they do. Awesome evening!

That is awesome, though I am sorry to hear of your lovely wife's ailment. What a great night, you both deserved it. :thumbs:

Tomorrow Thomas H. Handy Rye Dies!

Last night I enjoyed a Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 anos with my H. Upmann Sir Winston. Aside from a tight draw...it was heaven on earth.

Had some Balvenie Golden Cask with a Don Carlos Lancero the other night. Both were fantastic.

You have a Golden Cask and you didn't offer to get me one :0 I'm so disappointed. :(

Had some Balvenie Golden Cask with a Don Carlos Lancero the other night. Both were fantastic.

Just passing the half way mark of my EW Single Barrel. Pretty darn good, especially for the price. I don't think it will unseat my WT 101 as my favorite everyday pour though. But I'll keep looking.

You have a Golden Cask and you didn't offer to get me one :0 I'm so disappointed. :(

It was a surprise gift from an overseas business associate that remembered I was upset I didn't have enough time to pick it up last time I was at DeGaulle.

It was a surprise gift from an overseas business associate that remembered I was upset I didn't have enough time to pick it up last time I was at DeGaulle.

I thought you said he gave you a case :sign:

Before bed last night the wife and I had some Balvenie 17 New Oak. I need to find another bottle. I decided to try another limited release today, so I went with Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Sweet Mash.