• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Thought this would be a good share to this thread. 8 years ago I started a Christmas time tradition of sealing up a nice bottle of whiskey in a wooden crate and writing do not open for 20 years. Every years box is unique from using whatever scrap wood I have laying around from recent projects. This years addition included a bottle of Windsor with one of those oak spirals put into it. Guess I’ll find out in 20 years if Windsor can be improved. This years box also includes the lid being from the first cigar box I ever purchased.
ED0852F0-72DB-4F49-B034-EA190354EDA9.jpeg

Thought this would be a good share to this thread. 8 years ago I started a Christmas time tradition of sealing up a nice bottle of whiskey in a wooden crate and writing do not open for 20 years. Every years box is unique from using whatever scrap wood I have laying around from recent projects. This years addition included a bottle of Windsor with one of those oak spirals put into it. Guess I’ll find out in 20 years if Windsor can be improved. This years box also includes the lid being from the first cigar box I ever purchased.
View attachment 63883
That's a very cool thing to do.. I'll be interested to hear how this turns out. The way I understand it, liquor doesn't change or age in glass bottles.

That's a very cool thing to do.. I'll be interested to hear how this turns out. The way I understand it, liquor doesn't change or age in glass bottles.
They say that, but I believe, like cigars, after a resting period, it does improve.

The reason I started doing this was I acquired a few bottles of wild turkey from my grandpas bar after my grandma passed, and they were amazingly smooth. So began my 20 year experiment

Has anyone had either of these? Opinions from experience is what I'm looking for!20230213_173052.jpg

Chad, the whiskey club here in St. Louis tasted a bottle recently from 1961. I'll try to find the particulars, but it tasted like we bought it the day before. Nice, but nothing special. Still an awesome experience to drink.