• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

You know, in high school I used to buy liquor filled chocolates like that at Macy’s. Famous Grouse is good stuff. It’s the most popular scotch in Scotland.

Seriously?
Old boss used to buy that stuff by the case, he was so tight I figured it was bottom shelf bargain barrel piss water.

Seriously?
Old boss used to buy that stuff by the case, he was so tight I figured it was bottom shelf bargain barrel piss water.
Google it. It’s pretty decent but it’s no 18yr or Blue Label. Maybe it’s like the Jack Daniels or Woodford of the scotch world- an every mans drink.

20200116_153745.jpg

So, after diving head first into bourbon (thanks to Wyatt @Brickhouse ) I decided to try a rum without mixing it. Prior to today, I had always mixed rum with coke......be it Sailor Jerry's or Bacardi or even Havana Club. I decided to try the HC7 that Wyatt sent me, on it's own.

I really enjoy it by itself. Nose is astrigent, with a little sweetness. Taste is sweet vanilla and oak. I love it mixed with coke, but it's great on it's own. I will likely start making a drink for my wife, but will just enjoy this neat or with a little ice.

View attachment 29386

So, after diving head first into bourbon (thanks to Wyatt @Brickhouse ) I decided to try a rum without mixing it. Prior to today, I had always mixed rum with coke......be it Sailor Jerry's or Bacardi or even Havana Club. I decided to try the HC7 that Wyatt sent me, on it's own.

I really enjoy it by itself. Nose is astrigent, with a little sweetness. Taste is sweet vanilla and oak. I love it mixed with coke, but it's great on it's own. I will likely start making a drink for my wife, but will just enjoy this neat or with a little ice.

That's awesome Brandon. I think it goes without saying that when you enjoy it without additions you're able to really see what it has to offer. Whenever I taste something for the first time or when I'm doing tastings, I have it out of a Glencairn glass. However, when I'm drinking my bourbon casually I like a nice large cube and enjoy the transition from full flavor to mild as it opens up. There's a lot to be said for that as well. Allows the drink to open a bit and you can pick out things you couldn't with a neat pour.

Anyway, enjoy. I drink very little rum, but when I do I like it neat as well.

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. Neat, with some mineral water back.

Honestly I'm liking this stuff as much as Blanton's, and it's a whole lot easier to get a hold of.

s479359673965964214_p710_i2_w2560.jpeg

~Boar

Lagavulin 8. It’s intense. Like drinking a campfire through a hose. It tastes a bit like what I imagine a watered Down version of Lagavulin 16. But I’ll know soon enough, as the 16 is now on my buy list.