• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

I know this doesn't exactly belong here but i didn't want to start a whole thread....for those on the wagon or dont drink everytime they smoke, what do you like to pair with?
I second Gavin on coffee, coke and water. Coke or any sugary drink will also help ward off nausea if you happen to smoke a cigar that’s about your pay grade.

First Call Kentucky Straight Rye. Yes, another Total Wine label made by IJW in Danville, Kentucky. $27.99 and WOW is this stuff good. A little on the light side but nice and dry and the burn level is lower than average. I highly recommend this one!

For liquor, I've pretty much only been drinking ryes lately, may favorite is Redemption (an Indiana rye) which are in general higher in rye content (most times 90% or more) than Kentucky ryes like Rittenhouse. First Call is a Kentucky Rye however from what I found on the interweb, the corn content could be around 30%. I tend to like rye more than American whiskeys and bourbons because in general, most ryes are drier than most bourbons.
Redemption makes some pretty awesome ryes. The one on the left in this pic is my favorite from their lineup
071616EB-2280-494C-BE87-5EEA90E977CA.jpeg

Just so you know

First attempt at a whiskey sour. Turned out pretty decent but I think I used a bit too much egg white. Open to suggestions/recipe alterations.

2 parts whiskey
1 part lemon juice
1 part simple syrup
1/2 egg yolk
Garnish with orange peel and luxardo cherriesD3E444B1-6BBF-42B0-8C1A-866F4D94F1AA.jpeg

First attempt at a whiskey sour. Turned out pretty decent but I think I used a bit too much egg white. Open to suggestions/recipe alterations.

2 parts whiskey
1 part lemon juice
1 part simple syrup
1/2 egg yolk
Garnish with orange peel and luxardo cherriesView attachment 42828
I never do the egg, I just can't get my head around that being a good idea. The guy on the High West zoom put a lighter under the orange peel for a second to bring out more flavor and create new ones. Haven't tried it yet but something to play with.

Yes, I have. We've been dealing with the stolen pappy shrink wrap for long a while now on secondary. All Pappy bottles need to have close-ups of cap and laser code before they move.
Can you send me a couple of legit pappy bottles so I can see what they should look like?

F02DF934-DC28-4BF8-8983-9BC4DF40DEC2.jpeg

What a good night! Picked up a few goodies this evening. The one in the middle is a very special treat. Many years ago I found Cuervo’s de la Familia Platino (Blanco) I was blown away how smooth it was. When I found the extra anejo I could not resist. It does not disappoint. If you’re a fan of anejo tequilas - this should be at the top of your list!

The Smoke Wagon uncut unfiltered cask strength bourbon was quite a surprise when I found it. I’ve heard stories and never thought I’d have it in my hands. I was looking for Blanton’s, but I think this might have been a better find!

Finally - I’m a huge fan of Herradura Tequila. This one has me intrigued - a crystal clear anejo. Can’t wait to break that one open!