• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Man that Ardbeg smells like straight Band-AIDS. Not for me. I like a little peat but that has PEAT. I’m more of a bourbon guy myself. Interested in trying some rums though since I love the flavor I tiki drinks I’ll prob love it as a sipper
I love Pete, he's a good dog.

I hated Lagavulin when I first tasted it, tasted like iodine(band-AIDS) to me, but I grew to like it an now it's one of my favs. Did I saw "now"? Now was in 1989.

I bought a case, back in 2002. I have 6 bottles left from that case. Little did I know at the time that Lagavulin was going to change the recipe (not sure when exactly but 16 years needs to be factored in somewhere) because starting around 2009 up until now, what they began selling is smoother and less peaty and iodine-y. Meaning if you're a hardcore Lagavulin fan you were not happy when they phased in the new recipe.

I still like a good scotch but find myself pairing more rum with cigars.

Redemption Rye. Excellent value!
I've been afraid to buy it and give it a try. I actually thought it was a store brand at first. Something about it just makes me think that it's a cheap bourbon trying to pass itself off as a premium.

A lot of bourbons seem to have jumped on the wagon of being a "premium" bourbon, but it's just cheap liquor. I've had the misfortune of trying a few of these. Now I'm a little bit more selective.

What do you think of that Wild Turkey Longbranch?

I remember when that was released, I was really looking forward to trying a bottle. Then I started reading some pretty bad reviews. I was scared off from giving it a try. Didn't want to waste my money.
I think it’s really good and the price is just a bonus.

Is it a sweet bourbon? How's the finish?
I am far from an expert when it comes to bourbon, @Acclaym @CBoukal @ConDaddy might be better suited to answer that question. But, I don’t think of it as overly sweet at all and it is very smooth with a little smokiness to it. It definitely does not have the bite like WT 101. For $40 I don’t think you can go wrong with it.

I am far from an expert when it comes to bourbon, @Acclaym @CBoukal @ConDaddy might be better suited to answer that question. But, I don’t think of it as overly sweet at all and it is very smooth with a little smokiness to it. It definitely does not have the bite like WT 101. For $40 I don’t think you can go wrong with it.
I don't even play an expert on TV. But I appreciate the kind words. I agree with you, I don't get much sweetness out of it either.

full