• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What wine did you drink today?

Two bottles of Legende (with and accent on the first e) Bordeaux 2018.

You really should be more careful Bill. Are those plastic straws in the background? You can get 15 years in jail in CA for those I hear.... 😂
...yeah - and add ice to your wine and they'll give you a life sentence on bread and water! 🤣

Chemistry wine made by an amazing brother!!! @Brickhouse this is some of the best wine I have ever had!!! My wife had some and liked it also. She doesn’t like red wine bedside it’s normally to dry for her. Thank you so much brother!!!!
View attachment 38943
I just had a Chemistry white the other day. Not a huge white fan, but I am impressed!!!

Pierre Montignac 2018 Medoc (Bordeaux). $19.98 at Total Wine. Probably the best value in the store.

My wife and I had it with some rib eyes that were in the freezer that she marinated and cooked on the grille and this full-bodied Bordeaux was a perfect match! (65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot).

I take no credit for you starting wine.. I'll take some blame for the whiskey but its mostly your doing :)
Lol, it’s not that I just started drinking wine, just that I recently started posting it from time to time. But we don’t drink anything fancy, our rack is mostly filled with local offerings.

Lol, it’s not that I just started drinking wine, just that I recently started posting it from time to time. But we don’t drink anything fancy, our rack is mostly filled with local offerings.
Since you are up north I am curious if most of the wines available from local growers are white: and the varietals that due better in colder climates like ice wine etc

Ice wines are fairly popular in these parts. Not really my thing as I typically stick to the drier side of the spectrum. I have never struggled to find plenty of options for reds from Michigan.

Very, very nice champagne!!! And 21 years old too! You'll have to report on your thoughts!
First off, I don’t know crap about champagne. I usually stay with the $30. Bottles as I found them to be to my liking & price range, BUT I gotta tell you, the Dom was the best I ever had. Dry, really fruity & smooth is the best way I know how to explain it. Definitely the best I have ever had. After that was done, opened a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Carte Jaume ( yellow label) which runs about $32. To $37. Bucks .naturally I tasted the difference immediately. It is real good & to my liking for the price. I can’t justify spending around $200. For a bottle of champagne ( which I did in a moment of weakness) no matter how good it is. But it was definitely fine.

First off, I don’t know crap about champagne. I usually stay with the $30. Bottles as I found them to be to my liking & price range, BUT I gotta tell you, the Dom was the best I ever had. Dry, really fruity & smooth is the best way I know how to explain it. Definitely the best I have ever had. After that was done, opened a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Carte Jaume ( yellow label) which runs about $32. To $37. Bucks .naturally I tasted the difference immediately. It is real good & to my liking for the price. I can’t justify spending around $200. For a bottle of champagne ( which I did in a moment of weakness) no matter how good it is. But it was definitely fine.

I have a jewel of a place right down the street from my house - Wine Knows. The owner has been in the wine business his entire life, and is an absolute wealth of information about wines and spirits. I love going to his store because he does not put any wine in his store that does not meet his strict standards. Mainly small vintages/wineries that are not able to produce the quantities that make into the big box retailers. I've come out of that place with some of the most reasonably priced incredible wines - especially in that <$30/bottle price range.

One of the things he's recently turned me on to is "growers" Champagne. That is the Champagne's that are made by the grape growers in France where all of the big Champagne makers create the best vintages. As he explains it - essentially these are small farms that produce grapes strictly to be sold to the big Champagne makers (such as Dom) - but they always keeps a chunk of their best grapes for their own bottling. In that $30-50 price range I've had Champagne's that are on the par with Dom - that very "fruity" (fruit forward) and "smooth" tasting. Hate to say it - it makes it very difficult for me to buy any other sparkling wines because there's such a difference. Here's a good article that best explains what a growers Champagne is - https://www.eater.com/wine/22263123/best-champagne-is-grower-champagne-bottle-to-buy-bubbly

There's a sparkling wine my friend turned me on to that absolutely has my attention - Cremant. Here's a brief run down of what Cremant is and why it's special - https://iwsc.net/news/wine/best-10-french-cremant-to-explore. I usually buy the Cremant in that $30ish price range and love that it has a very nice creaminess to it. I think you might enjoy it if you find a good one.

Happy hunting!!!