• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What would you buy with $150

As many twinkie's as that would buy before they die off again

A box of Padron 2000s, or a box of Fuente 858 sungrowns or rosados. 

I like the Cuban Wheels or some Padrons x000. For affordable smokes.

Not sure depends on quality versus quantity.

Turbolag said:
Hey brianetz I have an idea.

What if you list the cigars you have tried so far that you really like?

Then the more experienced guys can offer some suggestions.

Just a thought.

Agreed, definitely a good idea.

It's much easier to make a recommendation with a little more info on the types of cigars you enjoy. I would suggest some sort of sampler based off of the cigars you like. I am also up to try something knew when it comes to cigars, food and beverages because you never know what you're missing out on unless you give it a try.

Problem with fivers is that you pay the premium. That said, if I was going to splurge on fivers, I'd get something from each growing region to get an idea of the flavors. I.e., not necessarily puros, but predominantly one nations tobacco. In my case, Some "Padron 1926 #6" (Nicaraguan), Illusione CG (Nicaraguan) Some "Fuente Don Carlos Robustos" (I actually prefer the #3 and #4 thinner, more wrapper flavor) (Dominican w/cameroon wrapper), "Ashton VSG Illusion" (Dominican w/ ecuador wrapper), Some "Dona Flor Selecao Robustos" (Brazilian Mata Fina) and for Honduras, one that I still like a lot are El Rey Del Mundo Flor de Llaneza with the Equador Sumatra Wrapper..

broblues said:
You being fairly new to cigars, should buy some samples of boxes.  Buying a box of Padrons for example would lock you in to 25 cigars, all pretty much the same, not allowing you to check out all of the great cigars available.  Pick up 15 -20 singles and start to build your knowledge base.  Have fun! ;)

While fairly new, i have tried a ton of cigars.  I have "smoked cigars" for around 3 years.  SO i have tried many different cigars and while not on par with what many of you have, I have a 200ct that is pretty full of various samplers, 5ers, and singles.   

I personally like the idea of buying a box to grab 5 of them out of there and then let the rest age at this point, and i have 2 times a year that i can afford to make that type of a purchase.....Birthday and Christmas.  

Turbolag said:

Just a thought.

Ol' Times Cigars said:

Just a thought.

Agreed, definitely a good idea.

It's much easier to make a recommendation with a little more info on the types of cigars you enjoy. I would suggest some sort of sampler based off of the cigars you like. I am also up to try something knew when it comes to cigars, food and beverages because you never know what you're missing out on unless you give it a try.

Honestly i am treating this less as a recommendation of what i should do with the money and looking at more what you would do with it.  I already know what i think i want to do and what i am looking for is fresh new ideas, not things that are tailored to my exact wants and likes. 

Thanks for all the great ideas so far!

Personally I would buy a nice cutter, a nice lighter and some beads for the humidor.

If there was money left over I would either do the newbie sampler trade again or go to one of the cigar websites and piece together something. Oh and a digital hygrometer.

grateful1 said:
Three 1980 H Upmann Monarcas!

grateful1 said:

Honestly i am treating this less as a recommendation of what i should do with the money and looking at more what you would do with it.

See above! :)

i would much rather have the girl in your avatar.....think i can have her for $150?

Oh ok got it.

Looks like you would need a bit more than $150 for her. Maybe you could get a nice framed poster of her for that. I guess I would be stuck too. I usually try to have people get me gifts of things I need and save my money for fun. For $150 I guess I would just load up on the types of stuff that I liked and experiment with a few new smokes, if you already have the cutter and lighter.

Actually now that I think more about it I think I would treat myself to a nice table top lighter and ashtray for the porch. Can beat a good cigar when the weather is nice.

Buy a box of something you already like and set them aside for a little aging. We can give you all the suggestions in the world, but if you don't like it, what good has it done?

I know, you can buy a ticket to the Rocky Mountain Cigar Festival in Denver.   You'll get a bunch of different cigars and you can use the left over money to pay CJ to hold your drink the whole day.

^^ you guys (Kendall and Jonesy) are getting ripped off ^^ ;-)

Your supposed to have a full oz with that ! Lol

Id go with any illusione (epernay and mk come to mind). Cannot go wrong with this.

I recently answered this question myself, in the $100 range. I was strongly considering a box of AF SG Double Chateau, but decided instead to sample the 858 line with 5 packs of sun grown, natural, and maduro, and added a 5 pack of SG Double Chateau. More or less I'm placing a bracket around potential candidates for what will be my daily smokes. The 858 in natural and maduro will be squaring off with the Double Chateau for the daily smoker title, with the SG 858s (a little more pricey) are up against the memory of an 858 Rosado I had a few weeks ago (thoroughly sublime). If they're close enough I'll be adding some to the humidor until I can get my hands on more 858 Rosados.

An even better answer, as some have suggested, if you're not quite sure which direction to go is get the noob sampler. You're crazy if you haven't tried it yet, it will blow you away (hint: 858 Rosado for example).

For me?  I'd buy $150 worth of Padron '26's.  Of course, since you may not know if you like them or not I'd suggest buying an assortment of cigars that interest you.