• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What would you buy with $150

For the most comprehensive answer to your question I would say to just look through the Today's Smoke and What's your latest purchase threads from now and years passed. That's how I learned about WOAMs and other sticks that may or may not be as well known/appreciated by your average smoker. One CPer I know made spreadsheets with this info to tally the community's favorites so as to have a starting point when it came to purchasing.
 i

Somewhere Gary just broke out in hives.

I hate to sound critical because I find the Excel-based statistical research you are describing very appealing, but from the perspective of a noob I would add an observation. Since there are as many tastes as there are cigar smokers, sampling the favored premiums here isn't the most efficient or cost effective method for determining what you will like. I think it is worth emphasizing the noob sampler again as a highly effective method of gaining a solid direction early on. When a novice provides a FOG with what he knows about his own tastes, the FOG will be able to assess very accurately what is needed to move the novice down the path towards his destination, much more effectively than a novice could guess what he might like based on what is popular.

The Black Cloud said:
< > Of course, since you may not know if you like them or not I'd suggest buying an assortment of cigars that interest you.
My thoughts exactly!

I've been smoking long enough to know what I like and would not hesitate to make a box purchase. If you're still new to this hobby, then something like a big sampler would be in order. You need to try many different cigars to find what taste suit you.

If it were me, I'd send the money to someone here named John. He'd most likely send you a quality sampler valued over $150.00.

I'd go with a few padron 1926's and a few aged Ashton vsg's if you can find them.... And aged opus x's too!

And maybe a pipe and a straight Virginia flake pipe tobacco :) since you already have quite a few cigars, why not try something new? ;)

I'd buy a box, blind of course, of one of the newest IPCPR releases that just came out. You just pick a label and don't look back. You never know if it will be box worthy and you now have an OR cigar to age, or it will be a box of "meh" to pass out to friends or your online poker buddies. 

Live dangerously, I do!  :laugh: