• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What you got cooking tonight?

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
I figured we have a thread on what you smoked today, why not start a thread on what you cooked or ate tonight. Good thread to share recipes if somebody finds it interesting enough to try. I know we have some cooks (you or your wife) in the " CP House". Doesn't matter if it is gourmet, BBQ'd, smoked, fried, baked or a simple recipe, share what you got cooking. Even post pics if the presentation looks good. I do not consider myself a gourmet cook, but I can cook! And, besides cigars, cooking and wine is a passion of mine. :love: I'll go first and start by sharing what I'm getting ready to cook up...

I've got some veal chops I'm getting ready to grill complimented by a mushroom tarragon sauce I'm mixing up. Also, got some asparagus wrapped up in some tin foil with olive oil and salt/pepper to throw on the grill. This is going down with a bottle of DeRose Negrette wine. After dinner, an Opus Shark will top the night off.

Anybody else want to share...

Just got done enjoying a very filling Spaghetti dinner with homemade biscuits prepared by the wife. It was delicious and I am stuffed. :thumbs:

Strange this should pop up, my wife just said, "You should've taken a picture and posted this!" I made her shrimp scampi over a bed of angel hair pasta. :) I said "made her" because although I LOVE shrimp, or any shellfish for that matter, I'm freakin' allergic to it. But, I did taste the pasta/sauce and it was DEEELICIOUS!!

MMM!:love: I love cooking Italian and shrimp scampi. I have a killer recipes for scampi my wife loves. Also, have tons of other Italian recipes that are to die for...manicotti, chicken parmi, veal/chicken marsala. I'll post as I make! Feel free to ask for and/or share recipes in this thread! Thanks for sharing Greg!

I haven't either, the biscuits were made earlier in the day, decided to see how they would go together, actually was a pretty good combo.

Greg the Shrimp Scampi sounds delicious. LOVE shrimp scampi!

Nate

Biscuits with spaghetti. Never had the two together like that before...

Homemade crab cakes with crab as fresh as we can get in the Great State of Ohio! :blush:

Wine braised pork shoulder, braising liquid thickened with a roux and served with home made egg noodles and roasted beets. Carrot cake for desert. My wife doesn't deserve me. Smoking some kind of Tat that came in a black tube.

Doc.

I'm having family over for beans and cornbread tomorrow---holiday weekend, and I just felt like cooking beans, which isn't really something you can do "cooking for one" with, so . . . that's what I'm having tonight, too, since like chili, beans are always better the next day.

Using the hamshank from Yule, with some hickory smoked bacon and andouille sausage added, and a four-bean mix: white, black, red, pinto. Three cornbreads, tomorrow: plain, Mexican (jalapeno, onion, and sausage) and bacon & cheddar. Tonight, just plain buttered toast.

Came out pretty good. Used to live on this, my last year in college.

~Boar

Beans and cornbread are a meal? No wonder you think folks from Northeast are food snobs.
laugh.gif

Doc.

Beans and cornbread are a meal? No wonder you think folks from Northeast are food snobs.
laugh.gif

Doc.

Oh, Hel yeah, it's a fine meal. Might be a little bit improved with some braised possum or dog on the side, granted . . . but it's a fine meal. This is Texas! :laugh:

~Boar

Wine braised pork shoulder, braising liquid thickened with a roux and served with home made egg noodles and roasted beets. Carrot cake for desert. My wife doesn't deserve me. Smoking some kind of Tat that came in a black tube.

Doc.

This is a recipe I would love to have. Please post or PM me the recipe!!!!

I made a pretty mean crock pot chili, damn spicy and good. Just the right amount of heat.

The wife made a damn tasty Greek lemon chicken soup with a side salad. Last night, I made French onion soup with grilled Gruyere and prosciutto sandwiches.

Nothing too crazy tonight...angel hair and meat sauce that I doctor up paired up with a red zin. Can't decide on a smoke, tho...

Tonight was easy....

Baked chicken with rice pilaf (boxed) and steemed broccoli. Slipped as many slices of lemon as possible under the skin and stuffed the cavity with more lemon and garlic cloves. Salt and pepper the top for seasoning.

It went well with a bottle of Kendal Jackson chardonnay.

Last night we entertained... rosemary and garlic roast pork tenderloin, green beans with toasted pecans and blue cheese, orzo and brown rice pilaf. My wife's cousin (our guest) is a young and fairly well known chef here in Winnipeg, and he was impressed. Quite a satisfying feeling :)