• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four Roses Small Batch. Cultures Hick, give this one a try. It may suit you better than the 1792.

Four Roses Small Batch. Cultures Hick, give this one a try. It may suit you better than the 1792.

Thanks for the recomendation Khari!

I have heard alot about Four Roses Small Batch. I will pick some up next week.

Four Roses SB is some good stuff. We lost Distribution here in NH so I have been nursing my last bottle for the last few months. Give it a go though you should enjoy it.

After all the talk about the Snow Phoenix previously, I ran accross a display for it this weekend and ended up grabbing a bottle it is $89.99 here. Had some this weekend and WOW this is some very good stuff. If anyone is looking for a upper mid range bottle to try this will not disapoint. I am thinking about heading back and grabbing another bottle for gifting or future use. It has a Great Presentation box / story and equally Great juice inside.

*edited for spelling/typo

Greggj77, no need to nurse your bottle. When you're ready, I can assist.

Greggj77, no need to nurse your bottle. When you're ready, I can assist.

Khari, That is greatly appreciated. I will be sure to shoot you a PM in the next week or two to discuss this.

Thanks again!

1792 Ridgemont Reserve Barrel Select

Edit to add barrel select

Normally I drink Weller or Rebel Reserve, (usually neat or with a little ice), and like them very much. But wanting to expand my experience with bourbon I purchased the above. It was a mistake :( . It has a very unrefined alcohol taste and not much else. I added some ice and that really did not help. I guess it would be OK mixed with cola, but that is not for me. I do have a friend that thinks EVERY bourbon must be mixed with Coke. I guess I will save this bottle for when he comes over.

You should have read AVB's review of this one. He mentions the same thing you did about the flavor. His review is why I never bought a bottle of that stuff...he's usually spot on with these things.

I haven't had a glass of anything recently due to being sick and my taste buds being destroyed. I may have to change that tonight with a nice glass of Four Roses or Cask 16.

You're gonna give me a big head. :blush:

You should have read AVB's review of this one. He mentions the same thing you did about the flavor. His review is why I never bought a bottle of that stuff...he's usually spot on with these things.

Yes I agree......Listen to AVB!

I found his review after I brought it home and tried it. :(

I'm sitting here looking at the last pour of my 1966 38 yo Banff. This stuff has gotten way to expensive to replace. Somebody play TAPS for me. :(

Four Roses Small Batch is sooooooooooooooo much better than the 1792! My palate is not very refined but I can tell you it has almost no alcohol bite and a creamy vanilla finish. This may even be better than Weller 12yr. I will have to compare them side by side one day.

Thanks for the recommendation and enjoy the evening!

Aberlour 12 . . . this is quickly turning into my "house Scotch," especially since the price of the Dalmore 12 went up $4 here. It's a wonderful Speyside dram.

~Boar

Four Roses Small Batch is sooooooooooooooo much better than the 1792! My palate is not very refined but I can tell you it has almost no alcohol bite and a creamy vanilla finish. This may even be better than Weller 12yr. I will have to compare them side by side one day.

Thanks for the recommendation and enjoy the evening!

Glad you liked it. It's a very easy pour, IMO.

Just finished off my bottle of Four Roses Small Batch in my effort to reduce the number of open bottles I have. Next up is Mortlach 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.